Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bad night for travelling!

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Judging by the comments on other threads, those travelling by train had a tough time tonight.
No-one has yet mentioned the joys of the Mill Road Park and Ride. We arrived at the A27 slip road at 5.50. We got into the ground at 7.10! It appeared that no more cars were allowed onto Mill Road after about 6.15 but, according to the steward at the top, the bottom of the hill was so crowded no buses could get in to pick up passengers! We had parked in zone E, where the long queue was eventually picked up by a bus driver who came straight up the A27. As we crawled across to Falmer the driver tried to tell bus drivers stuck on the other side that there was no way up Mill Road! The whole thing was a shambles!
When we finally got off the bus the steward monitoring bus arrivals said that the club had reduced the number of buses!
Previous comments about the problems of the Park and Ride have been dismissed by the club's spokesmen and it seems that the club has a very complacent attitude towards the travel problems faced by many supporters. And they want another 8000 supporters next season!

D

Deleted member 18477

Duno what you're on about.

Mill road at 5.45. Parked up, got on coach and arrived at Amex at 6.15 - lovely job!

Got on bus for return journey at 9.50, home by 10.20 - lovely job!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Had our longest wait to date for the bus back to the Racecourse P/R tonight, over half an hour, and there was still a bloody great queue waiting as we drove off. Never seen it like that before. :nono:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Train to Lewes was excellent - as always. The usual post-match pint, followed by a stroll straight on to the platform, a four minute wait and a train with seats.

hats off to you sir, whenever I have got the train, I've stayed for a pint/tea and the queue just disappears. No telling the people who want to rush away, though, rather than marvel at the glory of the albion.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Had our longest wait to date for the bus back to the Racecourse P/R tonight, over half an hour, and there was still a bloody great queue waiting as we drove off. Never seen it like that before. :nono:

Did seem a bit odd tonight. We always have a pint in the Easy stand to wait for the queue to go down and normally pretty much walk straight onto a bus, but tonight after a pint there was still a massive queue. To be fair though, 4 buses then truned up at once and we got home reasonably quickly. Bad traffic somewhere perhaps?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
hats off to you sir, whenever I have got the train, I've stayed for a pint/tea and the queue just disappears. No telling the people who want to rush away, though, rather than marvel at the glory of the albion.

Well perhaps other people have different priorities, problems and responsibilties to you, which prevents them from,

a) Using the train in the first place
b) 'marvelling at the glory of the Albion' for half an hour after the game
Just a thought.

D

Deleted User X18H

Got home from Holiday 5.55pm Quick sort out with kids etc. WALKED down to St Peters jumped on a 29 met GG and LB actually, 10 mins before kick-off. Jumped on P bus after, then No 5 at Preston Circus home by 22:10. Come on , we all knew there would be travel problems sometimes.

D

Deleted User X18H

Judging by the comments on other threads, those travelling by train had a tough time tonight.
No-one has yet mentioned the joys of the Mill Road Park and Ride. We arrived at the A27 slip road at 5.50. We got into the ground at 7.10! It appeared that no more cars were allowed onto Mill Road after about 6.15 but, according to the steward at the top, the bottom of the hill was so crowded no buses could get in to pick up passengers! We had parked in zone E, where the long queue was eventually picked up by a bus driver who came straight up the A27. As we crawled across to Falmer the driver tried to tell bus drivers stuck on the other side that there was no way up Mill Road! The whole thing was a shambles!
When we finally got off the bus the steward monitoring bus arrivals said that the club had reduced the number of buses!
Previous comments about the problems of the Park and Ride have been dismissed by the club's spokesmen and it seems that the club has a very complacent attitude towards the travel problems faced by many supporters. And they want another 8000 supporters next season!

I was suprised to see P&R bus as we waited at DD road roundabout at about 5:40. All seemed to be working ok then. Made me realise how late I was.

Got home from Holiday 5.55pm Quick sort out with kids etc. WALKED down to St Peters [popped into to see Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews just to ensure my 1901 pass was clearly visable] jumped on a 29 met GG and LB actually, 10 mins before kick-off. Jumped on P bus after, then No 5 at Preston Circus home by 22:10. Come on , we all knew there would be travel problems sometimes.

that's more like it

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
Mill Road was a total mess. Drove down from London with my 6 year old to be told it was full (never happened before) and re-directed to racecourse. Had to run to make the start of the game having been at Mill Road at 6pm. Not BHA's best night on the travel front

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Well perhaps other people have different priorities, problems and responsibilties to you, which prevents them from,

a) Using the train in the first place
b) 'marvelling at the glory of the Albion' for half an hour after the game
Just a thought.

true :)

2 chins

Jan 22, 2012
Pick my son up at 11oClock after he finished work and the cars and busses were Queing to get of the carpark

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Got to say using the coaches is a dream compared to train. I've used all three routes through Lancing and they've got me there and back in around 30 mins, no fuss. Will buy a ST next year.

Got home from Holiday 5.55pm Quick sort out with kids etc. WALKED down to St Peters jumped on a 29 met GG and LB actually, 10 mins before kick-off. Jumped on P bus after, then No 5 at Preston Circus home by 22:10. Come on , we all knew there would be travel problems sometimes.

What time does P bus leave the stadium as it's always gone by the time I make my way from WSU to the bus/coach park ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here