Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights referee

briref

Aug 12, 2008
In my opinion only
I thought he was very poor.
I can normally see where they are coming from, why they have given certain decisions ect though tonight i am confused.
Every Reading set piece took an age to get the ball back in play
Shoves in the back were not deemed fouls
When there were appeals for decisions he decided to signal advantage - like hell he was given a free kick.
Foul on Smith looked like the most blatent penalty ever, and possible red card?
And the one given was only to even out the one he hadnt given - fouls like that werent given all game.
And i thought he left the best till last, invented a corner for us.
Insisted it was a corner then decided no time to take it and blow final whistle.
Absolute clown.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Terrible ref. The deliberate handball when KLL was through could have been a red. Roberts could have gone in the first half.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Absolute f***ing idiot IMO

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm not big in caning refs normally but he was woeful. Missed a blatant penalty on CMS at 0-0 and allowed Reading to run the game - niggly fouls unpunished and time wasting all night. We only got our spot kick as, having ignored Barnesy's shirt virtually being torn off, the same player then fouled him again 10 secs later. Even Mr Magoo in the middle must have realised he couldn't get away with letting that go.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
He was Poor,
No Card for Roberts against El-abd and was very surprised that the big monitors showed the handball incident

I dont think there was a red there, i forgot the big screen replay of the handball.
That is two blatent pens
thiefs

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Be slightly easier for refs to manage a game properly if some of our lot cut out the incessant play acting and diving and ott appealing. I thought it was embarrassing and we are getting a pretty poor reputation on the back of it.
The boys battled like Trojans tonight but the fecking about and cheating (yes cheating) does us no favours.

D

Deleted member 18477

Ref was a f***ing dirty cheating prick! Surprise surprise a Reading fan I know thought he was good. He must have been watching a different game. And because of that I hope they lose every game next year the wankers! Cheats all of them!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think our players help themselves at times.

That said, Reading surprised me a great deal with their own brand of gamesmanship and time wasting. Wasn't expecting that at all.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
the linesman on the west side was an absolute twat, seemed to forget that he even had a flag unless roberts was diving about.

they made far too many mistakes collectively, absolute fools, i hope they get stuck officiating blue square south games for the rest of their career.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Absolute f***ing idiot IMO

Completely agree! Was the worst referee that I've seen at the AMEX this season.

I thought referee's are supposed to be "Homer's". lol I don't think we've had one all season ???

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
not to mention a reading player lost the ball and tried to stud one of our players. like a full on back heel to the nads, almost. He kicked backwards like a startled ass.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
the linesman on the west side was an absolute twat, seemed to forget that he even had a flag unless roberts was diving about.

they made far too many mistakes collectively, absolute fools, i hope they get stuck officiating blue square south games for the rest of their career.

What have you got against blue square south teams,as I also follow Eastbourne Borough I can assure you there are enough useless officials already:rant:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
At Withdean I used to say the refs don't give us anything because its a small ground and no pressure on them. Tonight there was 18,000 howling at him and we still didn't get anything. Where are the homers ?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
In my opinion only
I thought he was very poor.
I can normally see where they are coming from, why they have given certain decisions ect though tonight i am confused.
Every Reading set piece took an age to get the ball back in play
Shoves in the back were not deemed fouls
When there were appeals for decisions he decided to signal advantage - like hell he was given a free kick.
Foul on Smith looked like the most blatent penalty ever, and possible red card?
And the one given was only to even out the one he hadnt given - fouls like that werent given all game.
And i thought he left the best till last, invented a corner for us.
Insisted it was a corner then decided no time to take it and blow final whistle.
Absolute clown.

The ref was bad agreed, but our 3 strikers Barnes Smith and Vokes either miss the goal or shoot straight at the keeper,the rest of the team are being let down by all 3 of them.it does not matter how well we pass the ball if we can`t score we will not win games.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
The ref was bad agreed, but our 3 strikers Barnes Smith and Vokes either miss the goal or shoot straight at the keeper,the rest of the team are being let down by all 3 of them.it does not matter how well we pass the ball if we can`t score we will not win games.

fair points, totally agree
at no point did i say he cost us this game - just saying i thought he was shit

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't think our players help themselves at times.

That said, Reading surprised me a great deal with their own brand of gamesmanship and time wasting. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Yep, it was quite strange seeing a team in the top two time-wasting and kicking the ball away whilst the score was still 0-0. A sign of respect to our home record I guess?

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
called noel hcunt back to shake his hand when he was being subbed, even the ref was time wasting! Schwafty bollox!:wanker:

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
very poor positioning at corners; was more intent on looking at the usual huddle pushing and grabbing each other and was totally unsighted in missing the first half penalty

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Contextual refereeing at it's finest (i made that up) i.e constant decision based on previous incidents in the game.

1. The old 'don't give a yellow card for any type of foul until a certain point in the game when it's ok to give a yellow card for nothing' tactic
2. Our penatly which certainly wasn't was only given due to the shout we had seconds earlier when their defender had Barnes shirt nearly off his back!
3. The corner at the end was clearly a goal kick. The Reading players went mad so he just blew the final whistle to avoid any controversy.

There were more examples of contextual refereeing but these were my faves. Awful ref

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here