Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PROUD of the team tonight

bhafc arundel

Apr 4, 2012
arundel
I would rather we play well and win. Sometimes you have to accept the better team DID NOT WIN. I am very upbeat about next season. I think we will be serious contenders and think Leicester City will be the team to catch all next season.

I think Leicester will sneak into the playoffs this year in 6th and go up

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Sorry mate Vicente IS that good ... Best player in championship by a mile

Undoubtedly, but he isn't a one man team.

We played great without him whilst he was injured. Now we seem to be trying to channel everything through him.

The team is 11 players not 1 + 10.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We had the lions share of play ... they won! We gave it our all but they were pretty good I thought. Draw would been a pretty fair result but wasn't to be .. no point grumbling

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
People. We have to get out of this "plucky little club" mentality if we want to grow as a club.

The "great performance and we were so unlucky" line is fine, but points make prizes.

We should have won on Friday, and definitely tonight. Played well and scored no goals and missed a penner.

We should be winning these not being proud that we played well but were unlucky not to win.

You must have had a bad day today. We were SUPERB tonight. Teams fear us and next season they will fear us more.

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
I was proud of the team. We outperformed the league leaders in every single department. How the f*ck they have managed to get to the top God only knows.

They were piss poor, one of the poorest sides seen all season at the Amex.

El Abd was excellent , bar a bit of play acting at the end, Vicente was again sublime, Navarro had a stormer and Greer kept it tight at the back.

Bar a lucky deflected goal and an open goal they crashed against the bar they offered NOTHING.

Barnes struck a decent penalty, so was unlucky, so no need to have a pop at him.

We deserved to win this game , no doubt about it.

The only consolation is I dislike Reading less than Southampton or West Ham even though the fact they thought they were Barcelona when they were infact utter shite was slightly galling. They will be slaughted in the Premiership.

A decent season and all things look good at the club. Onwards and Upwards.

Agree on all points bar one ..... From my position it looked very much like Roberts PUNCHED El Abd in the stomach , any body else get a view of this ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm with US on this too. If we work as hard as we can and be at our best without piercing the net a thousand times, then the result is forgiven and nothing but pride should be felt. I curse the heavens and think of how clinical we'll become with an addition or two to the squad and the experience of this year behind us.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Nothing?

I'm guessing by that daft statement you weren't there!

We played good football against a team who have lost ONCE in fifteen games! We made them look pretty pants!

Come on next season!

I was there.

I saw the whole game from my seat in the North, where I have watched every home game from.

So assume what you like but you have assumed wrong.

A game where you should have won but lost is nothing to be proud of.

I have played sport all my life and when I have been beaten then fair enough. When I have "played well an lost" I have never felt proud. Just frustrated.

Exactly how I feel about the Albion tonight.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Leicester will sneak into the playoffs this year in 6th and go up

I agree if Leicester City get in the play off's all my possessions, a 10 p coin and some old vinyl 7 inch singles will be lumping on Leicester City. If they don't they will win the league next season of that I have no doubt.

bhafc arundel

Apr 4, 2012
arundel
I agree if Leicester City get in the play off's all my possessions, a 10 p coin and some old vinyl 7 inch singles will be lumping on Leicester City. If they don't they will win the league next season of that I have no doubt.

I agree Leicester should be going up this year top of the league.Lets hope if we dont get in the playoffs and they do,that they go up.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
You must have had a bad day today. We were SUPERB tonight. Teams fear us and next season they will fear us more.

A "SUPERB" 1-0 loss is still a 1-0 loss.

And in 50 years the history books will show a 1-0 loss. All the superb play in the world will never change that.

Should have won. Simple. No end product. Missed penalty. Simply not good enough.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A "SUPERB" 1-0 loss is still a 1-0 loss.

And in 50 years the history books will show a 1-0 loss. All the superb play in the world will never change that.

Should have won. Simple. No end product. Missed penalty. Simply not good enough.

Simply not good enough ?, er no. If we play like that next season all season we are up in the Premiership.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Jesus, I agree with Uncle Spielburg *falls over in shock*

We played really well tonight and with better finishing would have won easily. We also had to play the ref for most of it, he bottled giving them 2 reds in the first half (blatant penalty shout and Roberts retaliation on El Abd).

Reading, however were shithouse. Straight back down next season.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Anyone who feels the need to come on here after tonight's performance and say we "simply aren't good enough" either has a very limited experience of supporting Brighton, or massively unrealistic expectations.

We were near our best but couldn't quite make it happen. We made one of the promotion favourites look ordinary. Our upward trajectory continues, though obviously not as steeply as one or two fans think should be the case.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jesus, I agree with Uncle Spielburg *falls over in shock*

We played really well tonight and with better finishing would have won easily. We also had to play the ref for most of it, he bottled giving them 2 reds in the first half (blatant penalty shout and Roberts retaliation on El Abd).

Reading, however were shithouse. Straight back down next season.

I am clearly doing something wrong on this site if people are starting to agree with me. Maybe it's time for Bed !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Did anyone seriously expect us to go up this season ? We are a " work in progress " and a work with Gus at the helm that is going very well imo.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we play well in every game and lose 1-0 we will not be in the Prem mate.

We need to WIN to be in the prem, not play "superb" and lose.

We will , we just need patience mate. We will be in the Premiership within the " 3 year plan " I am sure of that.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Anyone who feels the need to come on here after tonight's performance and say we "simply aren't good enough" either has a very limited experience of supporting Brighton, or massively unrealistic expectations.

We were near our best but couldn't quite make it happen. We made one of the promotion favourites look ordinary. Our upward trajectory continues, though obviously not as steeply as one or two fans think should be the case.

I expect that if you play a team off the park you should win.

If that is "'massively unrealistic" then apologies.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
We will , we just need patience mate. We will be in the Premiership within the " 3 year plan " I am sure of that.

I agree entirely mate I'm sure we will too.

But we need to win games like tonight to have a chance. It's no good playing well and losing.

Forget the Withdean years. Forget the isolation of Gillingham.

We are a new club now and with that we need new expectations, like winning when you play well, not just being happy with playing well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here