Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Ward's Gullhanger for free

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am outraged because he made no mention of the defence splitting passes, provided to him by your truly, in the chapter on the Portslade Muppets 5-a-side. Which he proceeded to trip over I might add.

He preferred to dwell on the then NSC name (Pitbull Terrier) of our esteemed Granny Weatherwax.

And he played in his Arsenal shirt.

(not really).

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I might give it a go, although minded not to after the reviews on here.

His programme notes were dull, unwitty, unimaginative and distinctly out of place in what was a decent programme. Amazed that he seems to have carved a career for himself, out of the written word. The readership can't be too picky.

its the Daily Star FFS - hardly known as a bastion literature

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am outraged because he made no mention of the defence splitting passes, provided to him by your truly, in the chapter on the Portslade Muppets 5-a-side. Which he proceeded to trip over I might add.

He preferred to dwell on the then NSC name (Pitbull Terrier) of our esteemed Granny Weatherwax.

And he played in his Arsenal shirt.

(not really).

yes and I never got anY royalties!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wasn't really my cup of tea, and I found his humour a bit predictable and grating, but it was okay.

Of course he will be sneered at by many because he dared to have different views to them, and doesn't have a ticket stub from the 3-1 FA Cup Round 1 defeat to Lincoln in January 2004.

Nov 2003 where the goal scorer for us was Chris McPhee. That brought back horrible memories that I thought I had erased. *shudder*

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
its the Daily Star FFS - hardly known as a bastion literature

Bastion OF literature... (neither of these words would ever appear in the Ooh Aah Daily Star)

I remember once in whimsical mood submitting the phrase 'plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose' in some Daily Express copy. The sports editor said to me 'Get rid of it now, what do you think this is, the f***ing Independent?'

So much for a mission to educate and inform...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here