Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Scouting Report

Burnley v Brighton & Hove Albion
Referee: CARL BOYESON
Assistants: Mark Astley and Anthony Tankard
Fourth Official Peter Wright

ClubLogo.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley_F.C.

Football Ground Guide: Turf Moor, Burnley FC

I can't think of a better team to play away at the moment. They have nothing to play for and undergoing a poor run of form.

Most of the best players, Fox (Southampton), Eagles (Bolton) and a few others have departed recently. I tipped them for relegation at the beginning of the season and they have done well to stay up.

I think we should play in blue and white against claret.

Danger Men:

Jay Rodriguez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Football League | News | npower Championship | npower Championship news | Howe concerned over Rodriguez future

Kieran Trippier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is from corners shooting from the edge of the box. He did it against Pompey as well. And they had eleven men.

Burnley F.C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More later.

Burnley have had more goal attempts than any other club in Championship matches this season (509). (Before the Birmingham match tonight.)

BBC Sport - Burnley v Birmingham

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Here's hoping Brum kick lumps out of them tonight on their way to a resounding defeat. Couple of Burnely red cards as well please :thumbsup:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Here's hoping Brum kick lumps out of them tonight on their way to a resounding defeat. Couple of Burnely red cards as well please :thumbsup:

Surely we'd want Burnley to actually WIN tonight against Birmingham?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Chris Hughton's Birmingham side have committed 346 fouls, more than any other side.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just a poor attempt at winding up Mr Pasty ....... a couple of red cards would also be useful.

Will Burnley play their best side against Birmingham? I expect their youth cup players will be waiting for their semi-final FA Youth Cup second leg against Blackburn.

Your Team For Birmingham - Burnley FC forum from footymad.net

It will be a shock if Birmingham do not win. Even if they get a couple players sent off.

(Sitting indoors waiting for a telephone call.)

Latest Results
Portsmouth 1 - 5 Burnley
Burnley 2 - 2 West Ham
Ipswich 1 - 0 Burnley
Cardiff 0 - 0 Burnley
Burnley 1 - 1 Crystal Palace
Watford 3 - 2 Burnley

Read more: Burnley - A Brum Do!

Burnley’s attack: an analysis | No Nay Never

Burnley - A Brum Do!

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will Burnley play their best side against Birmingham? I expect their youth cup players will be waiting for their semi-final FA Youth Cup second leg against Blackburn.

Burnley Youth lost their semi-final against Blackburn

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect Burnley will go for an early opening goal against Birmingham. They will have a depleted team out. Banker away win.

BBC Sport - Burnley v Birmingham

This might be on a TV stream somewhere, but I am not attempting to watch it.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Chris Hughton's Birmingham side have committed 346 fouls, more than any other side.

This statement is wrong (from the BBC site). Albion have committed 407 fouls for a start. That's 10 a game for us. But it is 13 a game against us.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sporting Life - Football Live

Now that Birmingham are winning 1-0, we have got to go up there and win !

40 Birmingham have the better of play. Key player: Jordon Mutch

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Match Report now in:

BBC Sport - Burnley 1-3 Birmingham

Grant's 88th-minute blunder let Murphy put a slightly flattering gloss on the scoreline but Birmingham will see this as a vital win as they still have automatic promotion contenders West Ham and Reading still to play.

It sounds like as expected. Burnley cannot put the ball in the back of the net. Top players missing as well.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Tough game when the fixtures were announced, still a tough game now. One thing in our favour is we owe them after our game at home! Hopefully Gus will remind them of that and blast out the great escape from the ghetto blaster in the changing room !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here