Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Jaime is clearly not going to die. Its kind of sad because it was Game of Thrones unpredictability that made it so popular, but it feels like none of the 'major' characters (The Starks, the Lannisters, Jon, Dany, Theon, the Hound etc) are in danger of dying this season. It's going to be the less important characters like Littlefinger, Grey Worm, Bronn, brothers without banners etc who are probably going to face the axe. They need enough big players involved for the grand finale to kill most of them off.

Jaimie needs to go because of his name. He's the only one in Westeros with a stupid 'real' name that just sounds a bit too pansy for a warrior. James would have been better, but Jaimie makes him sound like he's on a quest for a giant piece of fruit rather than leading a despot's army. My only criticism of the books. That and too much gratuitous violence, sex and swearing...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
To be saved last minute is like typical GoT.

To have a major character, mid-season, not even a season finale, and just as you're thinking "they can't kill them off" they do! Typical GoT.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I wasn't saying they aren't going to kill off a popular character, I just think that some of the characters are clearly going to have a major role in the final season. I reckon Jaime is one of those. He's still got plenty to do. There are gonna be some fan favourites who are going to die no doubt, but I'd be surprised if they killed off someone like Dany one season before the last...Id be impressed but very surprised.

It's how I see it also. They set up some form of showdown between Euron and Jaime for a reason, especially when Jaime said we'll talk about it another time. Also the witch told Cersei that she will die at the hands of her brother. I think that brother will be Jaime.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
NEED HELP
Only just got on to the Thrones bandwagon, using Sky Box Sets. Until they took them off on July 31st. I am at episode 3 of series 5. Series 6 is available so I'm missing the last 7(?) episode of series 5. I've looked online but for some reason they are not available. Anyone know where I can catch up?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
NEED HELP
Only just got on to the Thrones bandwagon, using Sky Box Sets. Until they took them off on July 31st. I am at episode 3 of series 5. Series 6 is available so I'm missing the last 7(?) episode of series 5. I've looked online but for some reason they are not available. Anyone know where I can catch up?
You've only got 7 days left for series 6 as well ( I think ) :nono:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It's how I see it also. They set up some form of showdown between Euron and Jaime for a reason, especially when Jaime said we'll talk about it another time. Also the witch told Cersei that she will die at the hands of her brother. I think that brother will be Jaime.

Hahaha spoilers! That's indeed what I think is being set up. It only makes sense that a man who's central character is based on a conflict between duty and honour. It's what I really like about his character, he's initially set up as a villain, but we see bad things happen to him, and he evolves into a flawed, but sympathetic hero of sorts. He killed the Mad King because he wanted to burn everything to a crisp, seeing his entire army being reduced to Ashes by Dany's dragon was like watching his world crashing down. So it makes sense that he abandons all reason and willingly attempts to sacrifice himself to take out Dany. He's probably my favourite character on the show at the moment, as are all the Lamnisters.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
NEED HELP

Now TV lets you catch up on all the episodes online through its own player, and it offers a 14 day trial, which is plenty of time to catch up. I'm not a fan of it because the sound quality is a bit shoddy but it's ok if you just want to get up to speed for free and don't want to pirate them or watch on an illegal stream.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Now TV lets you catch up on all the episodes online through its own player, and it offers a 14 day trial, which is plenty of time to catch up. I'm not a fan of it because the sound quality is a bit shoddy but it's ok if you just want to get up to speed for free and don't want to pirate them or watch on an illegal stream.
They don't have series 1-5 currently.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
NEED HELP

Watch it through FMovies :thumbsup:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
NEED HELP

Well it depends if you mean for free or whether you're happy to pay for it - the whole back catalogue is on iTunes at £24 per season or £2.49 per episode.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I believe this leak was actually caused by HBO Spain releasing it some format, and it then being recorded/copied/distributed before it could be taken down.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I believe this leak was actually caused by HBO Spain releasing it some format, and it then being recorded/copied/distributed before it could be taken down.

Yep HBO leaked it on HBO Now or Go or whatever their on demand is called, idiots :lolol:

I haven't seen it though, I'll just avoid spoils.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I haven't seen it though, I'll just avoid spoils.

Likewise, although being part of a big GoT group on Twitter that may be tricky - we are all pretty much anti-spoiler, but some of our followers may not be!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
How did everybody find the last episode? Personally I'm a little bit on the fence for this season so far. It just seems like the pacing isn't typical GOT at the moment and everything seems rushed which makes the decision to shorten the final 2 seasons seem a tad odd.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
How did everybody find the last episode? Personally I'm a little bit on the fence for this season so far. It just seems like the pacing isn't typical GOT at the moment and everything seems rushed which makes the decision to shorten the final 2 seasons seem a tad odd.

There's some outstanding bits, then there's stuff like Jaime in his armour sinking to the bottom of a lake in an end scene and then the very first scene of the next EP he's a long way from where he entered the water and has apparently managed to simply swm away from all the fighting and Dothraki unnoticed and make it to shore.

Stuff like that does stand out as poor and lazy writing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There's some outstanding bits, then there's stuff like Jaime in his armour sinking to the bottom of a lake in an end scene and then the very first scene of the next EP he's a long way from where he entered the water and has apparently managed to simply swm away from all the fighting and Dothraki unnoticed and make it to shore.

Stuff like that does stand out as poor and lazy writing.

It might be that massive rip tide in the lake, after all its a mile deep two feet from the shore

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here