Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Loving the series, however I am a little disappointed that the pacing of the show has completely changed, everyone is shooting all over the place, a journey which once took someone a whole series to complete is now doing it in half an episode. Its really losing its scale to get things wrapped up.

A show which has taught us to wait for a large pay off feels far too rushed currently.

Slow start to the episode last night, but a incredible finish, really liked Ayra finally being a badass again, Bronn and Jamie still a brilliant partnership and the dragon scenes were outstanding, intresting to show it taking damage so early on, no doubt a dragon or two will get the chop at some point.

Yeah it was bound to happen. They've now got 9 episodes left to wrap up the war for the Iron Throne, and all it's little subplots, and deal with the White Walkers as well.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There's no narrative point in saving him from dragon-fire, only for him to drown.

Visual power! To see him slowly drift into the blackness of the sea was hugely powerful, and not an imagery you could have replicated his him being torched in a fraction of a second by dragon-fire.

Bronn however, we didn't actually SEE him die did we? There was a lot of carnage, and I've only seen it once, but similarly to Jaime, I don't think you kill off a character like that without it being a powerful scene when they actually die. The fact we didn't get that, makes me think he may come crawling out of the carnage, perhaps to team up with Tyrion again. He's fought against the Dothraki, but what happens if he meets Tyrion again?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The gold made it, but not all the provisions I think.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm sure Jaime's still alive - though given that his forces comprehensively lost that battle, surely he'll only be brought to the surface only to be taken prisoner by Daenerys? We should get an interested reunion with Tyrion (the reversal of when Tyrion was in jail accused of murdering the Joff).

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was a shot that made it look to me like there was something under the water, like a sunken ship. I was expecting that perhaps there was some trapped air or something and he would survive that way. He may still. Or it could have been a shadow on my screen.

Being submerged and coming out of the water is a well used metaphor/trope to indicate rebirth. Maybe the near-death will see a new Jaime Lannister emerge from the water a changed man. The question would then be as someone who has straddled that line between good and evil, will he lose some of his niceness (arguing for a merciful death for Olenna, and respectful relationship with Brienne etc) as he seeks revenge, or will his nicer side win out and see him turn against Cersei?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Question - so Jamie was standing by the side of a lake. He was tackled to safety. He couldn't have landed more than three or four feet away from the point on the shore he was hit, so how come he's in deep enough water to sink?!

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Visual power! To see him slowly drift into the blackness of the sea was hugely powerful, and not an imagery you could have replicated his him being torched in a fraction of a second by dragon-fire.

Bronn however, we didn't actually SEE him die did we? There was a lot of carnage, and I've only seen it once, but similarly to Jaime, I don't think you kill off a character like that without it being a powerful scene when they actually die. The fact we didn't get that, makes me think he may come crawling out of the carnage, perhaps to team up with Tyrion again. He's fought against the Dothraki, but what happens if he meets Tyrion again?

We saw jamies body dropping to the bottom of the lake/sea. he didn't die though, did he?

It seems too easy for a death when you can see it coming, him running across the battleground with Daenerys' back turned. To be saved last minute is like typical GoT. you thought he was dead, yet here Bronn is.

i believe Jamie is still alive.

Side not: If HBO don'y pay the £5mil ransom from the hackers in 48hrs, we will all know anyway.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Question - so Jamie was standing by the side of a lake. He was tackled to safety. He couldn't have landed more than three or four feet away from the point on the shore he was hit, so how come he's in deep enough water to sink?!

If the bank had been steep, I'd have cited Wastwater as an example of that possibility. However, as it was flat, you have a very good point!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Because it's not real? :)

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Dragon Breath, duh! Dragon breath burns at such a high heat, that the ball of flames from which he was saved created an uplift in the air around it so as Bronn tackled Jaime, he got caught in that uplift and carried 73 metres out into deeper water.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Jaime is clearly not going to die. Its kind of sad because it was Game of Thrones unpredictability that made it so popular, but it feels like none of the 'major' characters (The Starks, the Lannisters, Jon, Dany, Theon, the Hound etc) are in danger of dying this season. It's going to be the less important characters like Littlefinger, Grey Worm, Bronn, brothers without banners etc who are probably going to face the axe. They need enough big players involved for the grand finale to kill most of them off.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Guess they could dine on roasted soldier, plenty of that about!

Is it just me, but the more the show has gone on the more i like Jamie and want him to survive. Personally want to see tyrion on the throne at the end, drunk and surrounded by whores!

It's not just you.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
By the end of the season, AT LEAST one of the most popular characters will be dead. Have you learned nothing from the previous seasons?

I wasn't saying they aren't going to kill off a popular character, I just think that some of the characters are clearly going to have a major role in the final season. I reckon Jaime is one of those. He's still got plenty to do. There are gonna be some fan favourites who are going to die no doubt, but I'd be surprised if they killed off someone like Dany one season before the last...Id be impressed but very surprised.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here