Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Actually wasn't that impressed with the last episode. There were some great bits, e.g. the release of the white walker from the box and the apparent arrest of Arya. But I thought both the death of Littlefinger and the destruction of the wall by the Ice dragon were far too quick.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A decent end to a mostly decent season, despite a few pacing issues, and a shit episode 6. Better than last season. Looking forward to the final season.

Definite foreshadowing hints from Tyrion's expression that Jon and Dany will be pitted against each other before the end. Can't see honourable old Jon wanting to stay with her once incest confirmed. Hoping she may yet turn into the Mad Queen we've seen hints of.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Actually wasn't that impressed with the last episode. There were some great bits, e.g. the release of the white walker from the box and the apparent arrest of Arya. But I thought both the death of Littlefinger and the destruction of the wall by the Ice dragon were far too quick.

Interesting. I found the first half too ploddy and slightly confusing, and the final 25 mins were the best. Loved Aiden Gillen's acting in that final scene.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure exactly why they've decided to up the pace so much in the last series but I think it's been a brilliant watch.

That Littlefinger moment in the last one was classic 'jump out your seat and cheer at the telly' GoT. Zombie Dragon was brilliant.

Between that and Handmaid's Tale for best TV of the year for me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A decent end to a mostly decent season, despite a few pacing issues, and a shit episode 6. Better than last season. Looking forward to the final season.

Definite foreshadowing hints from Tyrion's expression that Jon and Dany will be pitted against each other before the end. Can't see honourable old Jon wanting to stay with her once incest confirmed. Hoping she may yet turn into the Mad Queen we've seen hints of.

Honourable Jon with a baby on board though perhaps.... and lets face it Targaryren incest is fine. its in the blood, as conflicted as he maybe initially

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have a sneaky feeling Jon and Dany never find out. Bran will be killed in his warg state by the NK and Samwell will keep his trap shut when he finds out.

I thought the entire season was brilliant though, Tyrion definitely knows Cersei plans to betray them, which is why he looked so moody on the boat.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I just got totally confused by Jaime's multiple relocations. Jumped from a castle surrounded by the unsullied into the meeting at King's Landing like he'd used a teleport. Or did I miss something? I wasn't even sure which castle that was.

He then ended up suddenly in the middle of a forest after walking out of Cersei's room.

:shrug:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I just got totally confused by Jaime's multiple relocations. Jumped from a castle surrounded by the unsullied into the meeting at King's Landing like he'd used a teleport. Or did I miss something? I wasn't even sure which castle that was.

He then ended up suddenly in the middle of a forest after walking out of Cersei's room.

It was my impression that the castle was King's landing, the land side of it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It was my impression that the castle was King's landing, the land side of it

It's a strange one, as it really did look quite a lot like the barricades (and surrounding fields) at Highgarden. Apparently it's supposed to be King's Landing, but was very confusing.

Oct 25, 2003

Pretty sure the castle was on the edge of King's Landing- I'm sure they pointed out that she'd brought her troops to outside of King's Landing in case anything went wrong and that's where the Lannister troops would be.

As for the end- it's unclear how much time passed between him leaving Cersei and being on his horse- it could have been ages but I'm fairly sure there's also a forest at the edge of King's Landing?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Just caught up with it.

As toilet as episode 6 was, I thought this one redeemed the series. The whole plot about bringing the dead to Cersei was contrived bollocks but the execution was superb albeit someone could have given The Hound a hand ffs. I loved the tension as cock all happened when he opened the box.

Littlefingers death was marvellous theatre albeit nowhere near as good as say the Prince of Dawn getting his face caved in or Ned Stark getting his head chopped off.

And where's your wall gone?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was that the first scene for Arya and Sansa together since series 1?
Right, just watched that episode, so can't look beyond this post yet.

Firstly, I absolutely love it. It's been a long time since series 6, but this season is great and just reminding me how much I love it. Best TV ever.

However...
When the dragons attacked the Lannisters, it was so overdone. The fire breathing had no limit (as in, the limit of a breath), so it was like medieval soldiers against napalm. Of course they're powerful, but that was just silly. Also, the dragons regularly change size - one flew close to Daenerys's army, and was miles smaller than when she later landed. No continuity.

Anyway, I look forward to the next episodes regardless. Did I mention that I love it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think there are problems at all with the timeline when you realise that days could have gone by between scenes. They don't have to add lines of dialogue such as "we've been stuck in the middle of this frozen lake for days and still the dead don't move" etc. Just assume some time has passed.
It seemed pretty clear they'd just been there for one night though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here