Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
How did everybody find the last episode? Personally I'm a little bit on the fence for this season so far. It just seems like the pacing isn't typical GOT at the moment and everything seems rushed which makes the decision to shorten the final 2 seasons seem a tad odd.

There's some outstanding bits, then there's stuff like Jaime in his armour sinking to the bottom of a lake in an end scene and then the very first scene of the next EP he's a long way from where he entered the water and has apparently managed to simply swm away from all the fighting and Dothraki unnoticed and make it to shore.

Stuff like that does stand out as poor and lazy writing.

Agree with this. Good in parts but the writing and dialogue is seriously lacking in places, and instances of lazy writing that you don't associate with GoT. They're obviously struggling without any book content to go from. It's also painfully obvious that they are rushing things. It's still great TV, but I've come to expect better from GoT.

It's a real shame Miguel Sapochnik isn't directing any of the episodes this season. He's directed some of the epics: Battle of the *******s, Winds of Winter, Hardhome. Hopefully he'll direct a couple in season 8, where he'll be in his element with the kind of battles you would expect to be present.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Just watched episode 5. What a crock of shit.

With Cersei at thier mercy, they decide to knob off and capture a white walker. Right-o.

Meanwhile, Bronn and Jamie travel over a mile in a non tidal lake after a fall in a few feet of water.

What's next. Denis Penis turning up?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You've got to love the way it took Rob Stark 1 and a half series to get halfway to Kings Landing whereas they now potter about the continent like Dr Who in his tardis.

So tonight, Gendy legs it quicker than Mo Farah on speed after a Salazah cocktail back to the wall and releases Concorde the ravan to Dani. Seconds later, 3 dragons arrive, in the nick of time naturally, before Fatima Whitbread the Night King luzzes his Javalin which is handily kept nearby in case an extinct dragon turns up. Credit where it's due it was Phil the power Taylor accuracy but no wonder the dead have got virtually nowhere since Hardhome lugging those chains about. I still think it's the best thing on the tellybox but they were smoking some serious gear when they did plotting for this run. At least Jon Snow didn't bang his Auntie although if mine looked like that rather than Pat Butcher I might be tempted.

Lastly, goodbye to Sir Dennis of Pennis. It was nice to see the bear from the Revenant turn up again. No wonder he died in the cold not wearing a hat. I know they are hard in the North but don't they realise 90% of heat goes out through your head? Get down the camping and outdoor store in Winterfell FFS.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
You've got to love the way it took Rob Stark 1 and a half series to get halfway to Kings Landing whereas they now potter about the continent like Dr Who in his tardis.

So tonight, Gendy legs it quicker than Mo Farah on speed after a Salazah cocktail back to the wall and releases Concorde the ravan to Dani. Seconds later, 3 dragons arrive, in the nick of time naturally, before Fatima Whitbread the Night King luzzes his Javalin which is handily kept nearby in case an extinct dragon turns up. Credit where it's due it was Phil the power Taylor accuracy but no wonder the dead have got virtually nowhere since Hardhome lugging those chains about. I still think it's the best thing on the tellybox but they were smoking some serious gear when they did plotting for this run. At least Jon Snow didn't bang his Auntie although if mine looked like that rather than Pat Butcher I might be tempted.

Lastly, goodbye to Sir Dennis of Pennis. It was nice to see the bear from the Revenant turn up again. No wonder he died in the cold not wearing a hat. I know they are hard in the North but don't they realise 90% of heat goes out through your head? Get down the camping and outdoor store in Winterfell FFS.

You forgot to mention the deep sea divers with the lung capacity of a crocodile who dived down and wrapped them around the Dragon.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You forgot to mention the deep sea divers with the lung capacity of a crocodile who dived down and wrapped them around the Dragon.

I thought the dead didn't like the water as well? I need to stop thinking otherwise I'll start wondering why they were kidnapping one of the dead in the 1st place again.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I thought the dead didn't like the water as well? I need to stop thinking otherwise I'll start wondering why they were kidnapping one of the dead in the 1st place again.

No, that's TOLKEIN (nazgul) :)

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

That too.
Whilst this episode was enjoyable the whole series doesn't have that pacing that other GOT seasons have. It seems like the last season will be even more turbo charged as so much stuff still needs to be resolved.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Cutting the episodes and series down really has messed it up. Too much to get in. Too little time. A real shame. It'll be 15 years at least before the books appear as well - If George Martin is still around that is!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Lol! You should be a TV critic!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Maybe Robson Green will show up and him and Bronn will serenade the Wights with a megamix of their greatest hits and they will turn the other way and sod off back up north.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The dead don't need to breath, and don't forget we saw 2 climbing out of a hole in the ice so clearly they would have no problems diving down to the dragon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here