Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I just wish it would slow down. I look back at Ramsey's slow torture of Theon with nostalgia; in this series it would have been off with his manhood in the first five minutes. Also have transport links dramatically improved or the whole place shrunk as they seem to be able to commute between kingdoms at incredible speed?

I am enjoying it and it is spectacular but things like character development, dialogue etc did give the dramatic action scenes so much more impact. It may be my age but I also miss the gratuitous sex.

I think there was a dispute with the transport unions over who should close the doors on the horse-drawn carriages. That's why they were walking everywhere and it took ages. The dispute got resolved at the end of series 6, so now they're zipping all over the place.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Haven't got round to watching any of S7 yet. Watched the catch up show at the weekend - damn that was good. Just a reminder how amazing this show has been. Really annoyed I can't get the wife to watch it.

PS - Just posted this on the first page, can't read anything recent.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think there was a dispute with the transport unions over who should close the doors on the horse-drawn carriages. That's why they were walking everywhere and it took ages. The dispute got resolved at the end of series 6, so now they're zipping all over the place.

Privatised the ravens innit. Minimum wage, minimum flying hours without a break and maximum paper weight all abolished under the Lannister rule. Bird rights have gone but productivity is through the roof.

Also all the ravens are black not like the mad Kings days when some of them were white. They come over here deliver our scrolls, eat our bird seed and shag the other black ravens. Back in my day....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Privatised the ravens innit. Minimum wage, minimum flying hours without a break and maximum paper weight all abolished under the Lannister rule. Bird rights have gone but productivity is through the roof.

Also all the ravens are black not like the mad Kings days when some of them were white. They come over here deliver our scrolls, eat our bird seed and shag the other black ravens. Back in my day....

It's a false economy though isn't it? Productivity might be through the roof now, but give it a year or two and those ravens will be burnt out. Granted, there's plenty of unemployed birds to take their places but it's a 6 month training program just to learn the basics. Not to mention the ravens who get pulled out of the workforce to do the training.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's a false economy though isn't it? Productivity might be through the roof now, but give it a year or two and those ravens will be burnt out. Granted, there's plenty of unemployed birds to take their places but it's a 6 month training program just to learn the basics. Not to mention the ravens who get pulled out of the workforce to do the training.

The way it's going, If next weeks episode ended in a trade union dispute with chief raven holding a banner in its beak of 'Down with this kind of thing' with the Hound shouting 'I'll tell you what you can go down on you fecking avian Mike Hunt' it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

And where exactly is the H&S officer around those dragons? Fire wouldn't knock.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In the US they advertised the next episode as the season finale. Is that right? Tell me no!
It's right. 1 more episode then just 6 more next series. I *think* next series all episodes are ~90 mins though, but maybe wrong on that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Where the bloody hell did they find those massive chains to pull out the dead dragon

And why were they not taut? As such it was only the bloke at the rear of each chain that was pulling the dragon, surely?

In the US they advertised the next episode as the season finale. Is that right? Tell me no!

Always a battle in the second to last episode, so yep. Seems such a shame that they're rushing it as there is so much more that they could do.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
And why were they not taut? As such it was only the bloke at the rear of each chain that was pulling the dragon, surely?

Always a battle in the second to last episode, so yep. Seems such a shame that they're rushing it as there is so much more that they could do.

It feels a little rushed, but is it really ?....we have waited 5/6 series for characters to even meet each other, it was always going to feel a little bit like it is now with so much coming to a head all at once.

And honestly if someone said we are going to do another 4 series. I bet everyone would have siad they are dragging it out etc

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It feels a little rushed, but is it really ?....we have waited 5/6 series for characters to even meet each other, it was always going to feel a little bit like it is now with so much coming to a head all at once.

And honestly if someone said we are going to do another 4 series. I bet everyone would have siad they are dragging it out etc

The timeline is completely skewed though. They were marching north of the wall for what appeared to be days yet it took about an hour for Gendry to run back to the wall, then a similar length of time for the raven to get down to Dragonstone and for Daenerys to muster her dragons and fly up to the rescue.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think there are problems at all with the timeline when you realise that days could have gone by between scenes. They don't have to add lines of dialogue such as "we've been stuck in the middle of this frozen lake for days and still the dead don't move" etc. Just assume some time has passed.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone going to be tuning in at 2am for the series finale?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here