Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Tickets

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone know when they are likely to go on sale?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It does seem quite late doesn't it.

I wonder if that means there is some degree of negotiation going on between the clubs, although I can't think what on...

Price (must be a standard price)
Number of tickets (give us as many as you can, we'll sell them)

Are TV games for that weekend all sorted out now - again, I would assume they are.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My GUESS would be there may be an argument going on, and that West Ham, for a variety of reasons, are trying to give us the absolute minimum that their flexible away area can offer. This would be down to how important the game is to them, terrible home record, don't want away hordes if they can help it, they could definitely sell the extra etc etc

Brighton will quite reasonably point out that they could sell whatever they are given, it's a big game for us too, and there will be precedent this season for other clubs with large away support at Upton Park. Only a guess, but if this is the case I hope we stick to our guns and make a fuss with the League.

Could still be one or two late announced TV games, though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Football League rules say that a club only has to give 2000 tickets (if 10% is above 2000) so I'm not sure what room a visiting club has to manoeuvre if a home club says "2000 only, sorry". I think it's become polite protocol to still do the 10% thing, where demand exists, but there's no compulsion to do it.

Reading have 3000 for their visit to Upton Park this Saturday.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought that the home club has to give 10% by Football League rules, if the away club want them. Which, if the case, presumably mean that they are either haggling over the price, or, the ticket office haven't got their finger out and sorted it yet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought that the home club has to give 10% by Football League rules, if the away club want them. Which, if the case, presumably mean that they are either haggling over the price, or, the ticket office haven't got their finger out and sorted it yet.

They don't - I've posted the FL rules on here about a zillion times, I'll do so again. As above, I think it has just become informal polite protocol to do c10% across the board if a visiting club can fill all of those.

The FL rules:

33.2 Facilities for visiting supporters

33.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club's certified capacity, if less than 2,000.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
West Ham allocate 2,200 in the first instance but can do up to 3,600. I reckon [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION] could well be right (although it doesn't explain why Reading got 3,000)...

Away fans are housed in one end, in the lower tier of the relatively modern Sir Trevor Brooking Stand. The usual allocation for away supporters is 2,200, but if demand requires, away fans can be allocated the whole of the lower tier of the North Stand, where up to 3,600 supporters can be accommodated.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
If we get charged 45 notes for it I can see that putting alot of people off

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
They don't - I've posted the FL rules on here about a zillion times, I'll do so again. As above, I think it has just become informal polite protocol to do c10% across the board if a visiting club can fill all of those.

The FL rules:

Cool, I stand corrected.

I think as Braders has said, if we get charged up to £45, it will put a lot off, including me as my 3 kids will also want to go.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
West Ham have not allocated more than 3,000 to any team this season.

Leeds had the full allocation and they took 2,957, same with Leicester and they took 2,968.

I spoke to the ticket office yesterday when I was getting my Burnely ticket and they hoped to get the tickets from West Ham this week. That has been the delay, nothing else. Its a category B game and looking at the West Ham site tickets will be between £32 to £47 (I hope the £47 is on the side, so being behind the goal hopefully the cheaper end of the those prices!). They are already on general sale at West Ham.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If we get charged 45 notes for it I can see that putting alot of people off

Jesus H Christ, is that what they charge?!

They do realise they aren't in the Premiership, don't they?

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
West Ham have not allocated more than 3,000 to any team this season.

Leeds had the full allocation and they took 2,957, same with Leicester and they took 2,968.

I spoke to the ticket office yesterday when I was getting my Burnely ticket and they hoped to get the tickets from West Ham this week. That has been the delay, nothing else. Its a category B game and looking at the West Ham site tickets will be between £32 to £47 (I hope the £47 is on the side, so being behind the goal hopefully the cheaper end of the those prices!). They are already on general sale at West Ham.

a friend of mine bought his ticket for the game (home fan) about two weeks ago, so hopefully they now have some kind of idea of allocation for us?!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
One of the West Ham fans that post on here said that we have the whole end (3,000 odd) as all clubs are initially allocated this but not all sell it out, so its usually split with home fans.

I'll be there though, whether its in the away end or in the home end, already sorted a hotel in London on the Friday night with the best mate.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'd say the delay in announcing our allocation is due to the loyalty points system and the drops. Hopefully they'll only be 5 or 6 drops (2400 points, 2000 points, 1500 points, 1000 points, 150 points and then if any left 50 points)

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
STOP PRESS: -
Just been up the ticket office buying Burnley and I'm told the West 'Am tickets just arrived this morning.

They are sorting out the website and expect to have them on sale Friday

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here