Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off run in. Team by Team.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Leaving out Saints, Reading and West Ham leaving just 3 play off spots this is the run in games v current top 9 teams will be in red. I've left Leeds out as I think with the teams doing well it may just be to much.

#Edit: Reading fixtures added.#

Reading

Blackpool (Home)
West Ham (Away)
Leeds (Away)
Brighton (Away)
Southampton (Away)
Forrest (Home)
Palace (Home)
Birmingham (Away)

5 of the top 9.

Brighton

Forrest (Away)
Middlesbrough (Home)
Burnley (Away)
Reading (Home)
West Ham (Away)
Watford (Home)
Birmingham (Home)
Barnsley (Away)

4 of the top 9 teams.

Blackpool

Reading (Away)
Southampton (Home)
Watford (Away)
Barnsley (Home)
Forrest (Away)
Leeds (Home)
Burnley (Home)
Millwall (Away)

2 of the top 9 teams.

Middlesbrough

Bristol City (Home)
Ipswich (Away)
Brighton (Away)
Cardiff (Home)
Hull (Away)
Derby (Away)
Doncaster (Home)
Southampton (Home)
Watford (Away)

4 of the top 9 teams.

Birmingham

Cardiff (Home)
Doncaster (Away)
Burnley (Away)
Palace (Home)
West Ham (Away)
Bristol City (Home)
Ispwich (Away)
Brighton (Away)
Reading (Home)

4 of the top 9 teams.

Cardiff

Birmingham (Away)
Millwall (Home)
Middlesbrough (Away)
Watford (Home)
Barnsley (Away)
Derby (Home)
Leeds (Home)
Palace (Away)

2 of the top 9 teams.

Hull

Leicester (Away)
Portsmouth (Away)
Coventry (Home)
Millwall (Away)
Middlesbrough (Home)
Watford (Away)
Barnsley (Home)
Forrest (Home)
West Ham (Away)

2 of the top 9 teams.

Tighter than a nuns snatch it looks like it is going right to the wire, I can't make my mind up one moment I feel we should be ok the next I'm fearful. I'd all but given up our hopes until this weekend when we won and teams around us all dropped points.

I'll go for:

1st Saints
2nd West Ham
3rd Reading
4th Hull
5th Blackpool
6th Brighton

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Far too tight to call!

Would be worth keeping this thread updated after every set of fixtures has been played.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What's happened to the West Ham and Reading fixtures?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
What's happened to the West Ham and Reading fixtures?

As I initially explaned above I left them out as I see them as part of the unmoving top 3 pack. I've added their fixtures though anyway:)

Last edited:

After tonight's games, I'm expecting the final table to look a bit like this:-

91 Southampton
84 West Ham United
------------------------------
84 Reading
75 Middlesbrough
74 Brighton & Hove Albion
73 Birmingham City
73 Blackpool
73 Hull City
71 Cardiff City

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Leaving out Saints, Reading and West Ham leaving just 3 play off spots this is the run in games v current top 9 teams will be in red. I've left Leeds out as I think with the teams doing well it may just be to much.

#Edit: Reading fixtures added.#

Reading

Blackpool (Home)
West Ham (Away)
Leeds (Away)
Brighton (Away)
Southampton (Away)
Forrest (Home)
Palace (Home)
Birmingham (Away)

5 of the top 9.

Brighton

Forrest (Away)
Middlesbrough (Home)
Burnley (Away)
Reading (Home)
West Ham (Away)
Watford (Home)
Birmingham (Home)
Barnsley (Away)

4 of the top 9 teams.

Blackpool

Reading (Away)
Southampton (Home)
Watford (Away)
Barnsley (Home)
Forrest (Away)
Leeds (Home)
Burnley (Home)
Millwall (Away)

2 of the top 9 teams.

Middlesbrough

Bristol City (Home)
Ipswich (Away)
Brighton (Away)
Cardiff (Home)
Hull (Away)
Derby (Away)
Doncaster (Home)
Southampton (Home)
Watford (Away)

4 of the top 9 teams.

Birmingham

Cardiff (Home)
Doncaster (Away)
Burnley (Away)
Palace (Home)
West Ham (Away)
Bristol City (Home)
Ispwich (Away)
Brighton (Away)
Reading (Home)

4 of the top 9 teams.

Cardiff

Birmingham (Away)
Millwall (Home)
Middlesbrough (Away)
Watford (Home)
Barnsley (Away)
Derby (Home)
Leeds (Home)
Palace (Away)

2 of the top 9 teams.

Hull

Leicester (Away)
Portsmouth (Away)
Coventry (Home)
Millwall (Away)
Middlesbrough (Home)
Watford (Away)
Barnsley (Home)
Forrest (Home)
West Ham (Away)

2 of the top 9 teams.

Tighter than a nuns snatch it looks like it is going right to the wire, I can't make my mind up one moment I feel we should be ok the next I'm fearful. I'd all but given up our hopes until this weekend when we won and teams around us all dropped points.

I'll go for:

1st Saints
2nd West Ham
3rd Reading
4th Hull
5th Blackpool
6th Brighton

Cheers for that.

Currently, Leeds, Palace and Leicester are in 10th, 11th and 12th places and will certainly have a point to prove so, additionally, I think all three may well have some impact on fixtures before season end.

Additionally, teams like Ipswich and those in the relegation scrap will be playing out of their skins.

It is a quite intriguing situation.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
After tonight's games, I'm expecting the final table to look a bit like this:-

91 Southampton
84 West Ham United
84 Reading
75 Middlesbrough
74 Brighton & Hove Albion
73 Birmingham City
73 Blackpool
73 Hull City
71 Cardiff City

Order wise anyway, almost exactly as I have it. My fear is my ability to predict has gone down the pan

120321Footy.png

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
No one has any idea on how it is all going to end. Recently, there has always been a thread started by some keano with an intricate working out of where we will end up based on stats, form and judgement.

For all we know we could finish in auto or Leeds could pull it back. Stranger things have happened.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I still think a team will come from outside the top 9 and sneak in. Leeds look possible but When I did the BBC predictor, Ipswich came out of nowhere and sneaked into the playoffs. They have quite an easy run-in and have hit a patch of form this year.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Order wise anyway, almost exactly as I have it. My fear is my ability to predict has gone down the pan

Draw at home to 'boro and and Birmingham but beat Reading.... interesting call. I think we will get 7 out of 9 points in those games. I reckon we will get a point at WHU as well if we can translate some of the home form away. Having said that, if you were going to call one loss from the rest of our games then the Hammers would be the logical one.

Is that a spreadsheet or complete program you are using there?

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Blackpool are the wild card because they're the Peterborough of the upper table and they've been here before with many of the same players. They, or at least Kevin Phillips, have got the measure of us too. I really wouldn't want to face them in the play-offs.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Draw at home to 'boro and and Birmingham but beat Reading.... interesting call. I think we will get 7 out of 9 points in those games. I reckon we will get a point at WHU as well if we can translate some of the home form away. Having said that, if you were going to call one loss from the rest of our games then the Hammers would be the logical one.

Is that a spreadsheet or complete program you are using there?

You're right .. I did it before Reading went on their run and maybe should change to draw but then I'm thinking we'll get at least 5 of the 9 and not sure which of Boro or Birm to change, maybe both? Plus Reading have Blackpool and WHU next 2 games so was waiting. Although my predicting has gone down the pan I'm still getting 2/3 of ours right and have a fixation on 76 which above all is where I think we'll end up. Bit worried about Forest too!

Simple Excel ... can send you file if you PM me your email add

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Blackpool are the wild card because they're the Peterborough of the upper table and they've been here before with many of the same players. They, or at least Kevin Phillips, have got the measure of us too. I really wouldn't want to face them in the play-offs.

Agree, their next 2 will have a huge bearing on their fate I think, really hoping they blow up

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I still think a team will come from outside the top 9 and sneak in. Leeds look possible but When I did the BBC predictor, Ipswich came out of nowhere and sneaked into the playoffs. They have quite an easy run-in and have hit a patch of form this year.

Agreed - a team seems to do it every year.

Any of Ipswich, Leicester and, dare I say it, Palace could be that team if they win their game in hand and string a run together from there.

IanH

9sept1978
Nov 6, 2010
Rugrat, loving the work, but something strange on the west ham line. check the points total after the posh game. Given the effort you put in thought you,d like to know.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Call me a pessimist (or maybe it's just long, painful experience of being an Albion fan), but I see these all being v.difficult games ...

Middlesbrough (Home)
Burnley (Away)
Reading (Home)
West Ham (Away)
Birmingham (Home)

If we get what I suspect from these, we won't make the playoffs, but I live in hope and will be delighted to be proved wrong.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Rugrat, loving the work, but something strange on the west ham line. check the points total after the posh game. Given the effort you put in thought you,d like to know.

Ooops .. cheers bit of a cut n paster error, it evened itself out as it had also added 2 points for the Leeds draw instead of 1 ... changed it but won't bore posting again .. they still get 85 points ... ta!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

In a way i was glad Blackpool eqaulised last night because i though Leicester were still a danger.A win at Blackpool would have been a great result for them and with a game in hand they would have been close behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here