Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Archer / Bellotti protests

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
After my rant in the "fancy a laugh at palace" thread, what forms of protest did you take up against the gruesome twosome? No matter how big, small, ingenious or dumb I want to know. My dumbest one was the friday night before the infamous York city game. Myself and a mate coming home from the pub walked up to the goldstone and in massive letters on the pavement outside the west stand started chalking Bellotti out Archer out. We wanted to do it all the way around the ground but in our pissed state didn't see the police patrol car sitting watching us. One office was sympathetic to our cause the other wanted me to rub it all out with my hat. The next day we found out that someone had broken into the ground that night and daubed a slogan on the pitch. My mate and I shat ourselves thinking we might be blamed for that as well :)

Sent by Derek Acorah via the spirit world.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
I live in the Ward that he "represents" as a local counciillor.

On behalf of NSC I vote against him at every local election and encourage family and neighbours to do the same.

The presence of a Seagulls scarf in the front window acts like a vermin deterent. He never knocks on my door.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I took the suggestion from god knows who and three times filled my trolley up in a Focus shop, and I mean filled it up with the smallest items possible - got to the till and let her swipe everyhting through and then claimed to ahve lost my wallet and walked out.

The third time I was stopped in the queue - they clearly knew the form.

Wrote to the FA three or four times when the whole reality kicked in as to what was happening demanding that the FA step in. Still got the letter from them I received. What a watery, feeble load of shite that was.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I took the suggestion from god knows who and three times filled my trolley up in a Focus shop, and I mean filled it up with the smallest items possible - got to the till and let her swipe everyhting through and then claimed to ahve lost my wallet and walked out.

Wrote to the FA three or four times when the whole reality kicked in as to what was happening demanding that the FA step in. Still got the letter from them I received. What a watery, feeble load of shite that was.

I really wanted to do the filling up trolley thing but I didn't have the balls to do it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My first ever attempts at poster design were on this subject matter.

Nothing flash in the slightest. Merely a knocked-back (watermarked) Albion badge with 'Archer OUT', 'Bellotti OUT' and 'Boycott Focus DIY' written over the top on three separate posters. You can see some of them in the 'Build A Bonfire' pictures.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Has to be standing outside Bellotti's house in Eastbourne on a freezing cold Saturday afternoon, blowing whistles & bombarding his house with snowballs. The sight of him squirming behind the curtains, then the Police turning up within minutes & asking "haven't you lot got anything better to do"? will live in the memory. The answer was "no the game has been called off". Even some of the neighbourhood kids joined in the 'snowball attack'. Most of the neighbours were at their gates watching the 'entertainment'. Probably the most exciting thing thats ever happened in that close? I'm not sure if Bellotti's insurance policy covered structual damage from snowballs?

Also paying Archer a vist at his Crewe HQ, with one of his sidekicks racing about in a panic locking all the doors, will never be forgotten. Just as well there wasn't a fire! Later that same night, chasing Bellotti around Rochdale plus waiting at a service area to 'ambush him' at 2am could be considered dumb I guess? Seemed reasonable at the time. Jimmy Case tried to reason with us at the ground saying "he's gone", "why not go home" etc. Two Rochdale fans then came out & said: "He's still in there, shitting himself"! :D

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Has to be standing outside Bellotti's house in Eastbourne on a freezing cold Saturday afternoon, blowing whistles & bombarding his house with snowballs. The sight of him squirming behind the curtains, then the Police turning up within minutes & asking "haven't you lot got anything better to do"? will live in the memory. The answer was "no the game has been called off". Even some of the neighbourhood kids joined in the 'snowball attack'. Most of the neighbours were at their gates watching the 'entertainment'. Probably the most exciting thing thats ever happened in that close? I'm not sure if Bellotti's insurance policy covered structual damage from snowballs?

Also paying Archer a vist at his Crewe HQ, with one of his sidekicks racing about in a panic locking all the doors, will never be forgotten. Just as well there wasn't a fire! Later that same night, chasing Bellotti around Rochdale plus waiting at a service area to 'ambush him' at 2am could be considered dumb I guess? Seemed reasonable at the time. Jimmy Case tried to reason with us at the ground saying "he's gone", "why not go home" etc. Two Rochdale fans then came out & said: "He's still in there, shitting himself"! :D

Best post ive read on here in a while.:D

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I live in the Ward that he "represents" as a local counciillor.

On behalf of NSC I vote against him at every local election and encourage family and neighbours to do the same.

The presence of a Seagulls scarf in the front window acts like a vermin deterent. He never knocks on my door.

I applaud you.

He's such a spineless little man :lolol:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun

I did the Focus trolley trip too. Had it absolutley loaded up with the smallest packets I could find.

Also took part in some 'day of action' which involved phoning and faxing the Focus HQ repeatedly. There were others in the office doing the same and I don't think I once got anything other than the engaged tone.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I went to the Darlington v Brighton game in 1997 with a Darlington supporting colleague. I sat in the Darlington end and to my surprise David and Jo Bellotti were sitting near me. I couldn't resist having a pop and telling him all sorts. Only time I have been warned about my behaviour at a football ground (he did make the sanest of us all go mental.)

A very small protest on my part, but the look on his face told the story of "no matter where I go, someone from Brighton will have a pop at me". So in that sense it was worth it.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
When I worked in Manila for a couple of years I used to take great pleasure calling him at 2,3 or 4 am...(UK time) his number was/ is in the public domain....

If his answer phone kicked in I knew I must have woken him at least....if he picked up, he got a blast of SEAGULLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Have to be careful. Allegedly Mr. Stanley and Co, including a Mr Gary Newbon (?) used to drink and celebrate our victories at my local at the time, The Strand in EP.
The place was run by a couple, one of whom was called G. Anyway, Mr Stanley left an open bar after one night and knowing how tight he was G told me. Just up the road was my real local, the now defunct 3 Crowns. So quickly sprinting over the green to the pub, someone let everyone know that there was a free bar in the Strand, courtesy of Greg and his mates.
So while the public bar filled up with about 40/50 new customers having there fill, Greg and his cohorts were in the little private bar on the side. After spending about 2 or 3 grand on anything alcoholic, food, and even change for the slot machine ^^, someone volunteered to go into the bar and thank Greg for his kind gesture.
Numerous colours passed his jowled face and the word epileptic springs to mind but, being the big man in front of his cronies he couldn't really say fk all!
Surprised I remember anything to be honest. Allegedly of course.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Have to be careful. Allegedly Mr. Stanley and Co, including a Mr Gary Newbon (?) used to drink and celebrate our victories at my local at the time, The Strand in EP.
The place was run by a couple, one of whom was called G. Anyway, Mr Stanley left an open bar after one night and knowing how tight he was G told me. Just up the road was my real local, the now defunct 3 Crowns. So quickly sprinting over the green to the pub, someone let everyone know that there was a free bar in the Strand, courtesy of Greg and his mates.
So while the public bar filled up with about 40/50 new customers having there fill, Greg and his cohorts were in the little private bar on the side. After spending about 2 or 3 grand on anything alcoholic, food, and even change for the slot machine ^^, someone volunteered to go into the bar and thank Greg for his kind gesture.
Numerous colours passed his jowled face and the word epileptic springs to mind but, being the big man in front of his cronies he couldn't really say fk all!

That is brilliant, annoying the crap out of him and getting pissed up all at his expense. Sounds like a great night.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Does anyone ever wonder if he still gets little reminders? Imagine if he just got a 24 hour period of phone calls saying Seagulls!!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

Really made me laugh!!! love the fact that you even got change for the fruitiee!!! should of bought some condoms from the vending machine and presented them to him telling him you'd well and truly f***ed him over.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

The 3 Crowns was my local back then and me and my mates have had many a run-in with Stanley.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Still remember as a kid being driven along the A23 looking up and seeing the banner BOYCOTT FOCUS DIY hanging from one of the bridges for months.
I loved to see it.

Run Bellotti run

Last edited:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Done the same myself on numerous occasions when travelling by car to away games. We added a slight twist to it though by producing a Focus disloyalty card when the checkout operator asked for payment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here