Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weller to make appearance at concorde 2 with from the jam???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I can't see this reunion happening, to be honest. If it does I think it will be a much bigger affair. Fingers crosssed though, eh? As an aside, for all the Jam/Weller fans - what was your favourite Jam tribute band? The English Roses were excellent value for money but for me the winners were All Mod Cons. They sounded so much like the band until they spoke in broad Boston, USA accents. I saw them at the original Concorde years and years ago.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I can't see this reunion happening, to be honest. If it does I think it will be a much bigger affair. Fingers crosssed though, eh? As an aside, for all the Jam/Weller fans - what was your favourite Jam tribute band? The English Roses were excellent value for money but for me the winners were All Mod Cons. They sounded so much like the band until they spoke in broad Boston, USA accents. I saw them at the original Concorde years and years ago.

It was just plain wierd to here an American accent introducing the likes of Eton Rifles. I saw both the above, and would also rate English Rose as the better of the two.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It was just plain wierd to here an American accent introducing the likes of Eton Rifles. I saw both the above, and would also rate English Rose as the better of the two.

Yep. I think the whole crowd just gave a collective 'what the ....' when they introduced themselves. I think they were all a bit, shall we say 'larger' than the English Roses too but no denying they took it seriously and gave a good account of themselves. It must have been doubly tough to play to an English audience who were very protective about the Jam. Seeing as I never got to see the real Jam, it was a pleasure to go mental to songs like Tube Station and Start and imagine that I was listening to the real thing. Are there any tribute bands still going?

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Yep. I think the whole crowd just gave a collective 'what the ....' when they introduced themselves. I think they were all a bit, shall we say 'larger' than the English Roses too but no denying they took it seriously and gave a good account of themselves. It must have been doubly tough to play to an English audience who were very protective about the Jam. Seeing as I never got to see the real Jam, it was a pleasure to go mental to songs like Tube Station and Start and imagine that I was listening to the real thing. Are there any tribute bands still going?

I am not aware of any tribute acts that are still going Buzzer. I suspect that From the Jam have killed it for any potential tribute acts.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Im unable to make it now tonight regrettably sold my tickets last night :-(
Please don't tell me tonight Paul weller turned up for a guest appearance

More chance of The Smiths reforming to be the support act for tonight I would have thought. :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No he didn't show Tony :)

Good gig. Foxton full of energy in spite of his doctor apparently telling him not to do the gig. Russell Hastings is a great front man. A few "Seagulls" chants. Something not quite right about a room full of middle aged men chanting "We are the mods, we are, we are, we are the mods" though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Good gig. Foxton full of energy in spite of his doctor apparently telling him not to do the gig. Russell Hastings is a great front man. A few "Seagulls" chants. Something not quite right about a room full of middle aged men chanting "We are the mods, we are, we are, we are the mods" though.

Happens all the time in 1901

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

Never really gonna happen though was it
Glad you enjoyed the gig, From The Jam never disappoint just Play all the songs everyone wants to hear think they've added another date at the Concorde

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Never really gonna happen though was it
Glad you enjoyed the gig, From The Jam never disappoint just Play all the songs everyone wants to hear think they've added another date at the Concorde

Could have done with Smithers Jones, but apart from that all good. :) Foxton looks very youthful, presume he hasn't had surgery?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I see Bruce foxton has credits on the album sleeve.....

Jam 30th year aniversary of them splitting this year!!

Maybe the rumour Weller will be playing/guesting at the "from the JAM" gig at concorde2 on 15th December 2012 is true.Got my tickets yesterday £20 bargain!

Danny Baker has tweeted they are back together for the first time in decades tonight.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Well i nerver thanks DumLum . Cheeky Monkey wru ? lol @ T Soprano

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here