Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football stadium oddities/trivia

The football stadium in Montalcino (where I lived for 15 months in the early 70s) has a fourteenth century castle running alongside the full length of the pitch - the pitch is the grassy bit at the front of this photo.

montalcino1.jpg

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Which stadium has a stunning view of Mt Fuji? Which stadium floats the pitch in and out as needed? Which stadium has travelators outdoors to whisk you up to the ground? A bit of a plug this, but why not? ;) Find the answers to these questions and MORE in a book I made about Japanese football grounds. Bloody love my stadiums, I do.

Watching Football in Japan. Have a goosey. The Albion even get a cheeky mention. :)

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Im desperate to visit this The Mestalla. Steep stands. wow.

Estadio-Mestalla-Valencia.jpg

Mestalla1(1).jpg

663561-Large.jpg
:mad:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Which stadium has a stunning view of Mt Fuji? Which stadium floats the pitch in and out as needed? Which stadium has travelators outdoors to whisk you up to the ground? A bit of a plug this, but why not? ;) Find the answers to these questions and MORE in a book I made about Japanese football grounds. Bloody love my stadiums, I do.

Watching Football in Japan. Have a goosey. The Albion even get a cheeky mention. :)

Don't be shy, worth a thread on it's own!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
This stadium in Pyongyang, North Korea, is- I believe- the largest football stadium in the world (currently in use), capacity 150,000. And is presumably also handy for mass adoration of the Dear/Great/Awesome Leader, as well as public executions. And it looks Coolio Iglesias.

pyongyang_may_day1.jpg

Didn't Kim-Jong score three hat-tricks in his first three games there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here