Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Holmesdale Fanatics

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
3k albion were far louder than the entire palace

they also didn't understand the groupon song, I didn't explain it to them

Utter bollox m8, we had the same support at your place an totally outung you for 90 mins, you only sang after the equaliser.

Just face it, you'll always be in our shadow.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Utter bollox m8, we had the same support at your place an totally outung you for 90 mins, you only sang after the equaliser.

Just face it, you'll always be in our shadow.

Wrong. At the AMEX you couldn't be heard until the 80th minute.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Albion had "theres no one there", "shit club no fans" and "shall we sing a song for you" 5 or 6 times each in the first half. Great away support effort again, only heard palace after their penalty.

I think we had more of the singers at Peterborough though, Boro was best of season so far IMO

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
3k albion were far louder than the entire palace

they also didn't understand the groupon song, I didn't explain it to them

From where you were standing Im sure it sounded like that, you were not loud and i couldnt make out the words to the very few songs i did hear, albion albion i got ok :) and what was with the going entirely silent, absolutely silent from when we scored to when you did ? dont you guys encourage your team when they are behind ? I was very surprised, wouldnt put you in even the top 5 this year and believe it or not i wanted you to be loudest, your'e our biggest rivals after all

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Laughable support from palace and outplayed as well

I wont say laughable support from those that paid their money and made the trip up from Brighton as that would be disrespectful, steady but muted support maybe.
I will say we were just about an equal match on the pitch, if you see it any differently then you are just being one eyed.

Jimmy Grimble

First half thought both sets of fans were reasonable.

But all you could hear from their end in the second half other than their goal was the drum. Whereas we were witty and still in good voice.

Drums are for noddy little clubs with plastic wannabe 'ultra' support. Fact.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Well we can bang on about how poor each other's away support was and I honestly didn't hear a peep out of your lot until you equalised, but the fact remains 1-3 and you still haven't beaten us.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks

But all you could hear from their end in the second half other than their goal was the drum. Whereas we were witty and still in good voice.

Opinion .... putting fact does nothing to emphasise your point

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25

All we could hear from your lot was 'ALBION, Albion', you've only got one song springs to mind!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
From where you were standing Im sure it sounded like that, you were not loud and i couldnt make out the words to the very few songs i did hear, albion albion i got ok :) and what was with the going entirely silent, absolutely silent from when we scored to when you did ? dont you guys encourage your team when they are behind ? I was very surprised, wouldnt put you in even the top 5 this year and believe it or not i wanted you to be loudest, your'e our biggest rivals after all

i thought we were loud and sung continuously maybe its acoustics with the sound bouncing off all the empty seats or something? Certainly sounded loud in the arthur waite stand. I seem to remember the entire albion support singing immediately after conceding the penalty. I thought your home support was poor for your biggest rivals 15K, i assume the groupon offer doesnt apply to cat A games? But a visit to Selhurst really makes me count my blessings - it was like an episode of life on mars and not in a good peterborough way.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Well we can bang on about how poor each other's away support was and I honestly didn't hear a peep out of your lot until you equalised, but the fact remains 1-3 and you still haven't beaten us.

The fact remains that we are still 4 points ahead of you, despite gifting you 3 points at our place.. Funny how you lot don't like to take league positions into account..
Bring out your "20 years ahead of you" bullshit all you like, the table doesn't lie, and the table is saying that we are superior.

Jimmy Grimble

Yadda, yadda, yadda never gunna get anywhere with these type of arguments.

Still stand by the shout that drums are for noddy clubs though - never seen a respected club use them. Same goes for goal music as well, very poor.

I can't believe Palace didn't hear us, I have literally no voice from the 90 minutes of constant singing and so was everyone around me. The Group on and you stupid bastards... chant was deafening almost every time it was sung.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
The fact remains that we are still 4 points ahead of you, despite gifting you 3 points at our place.. Funny how you lot don't like to take league positions into account..
Bring out your "20 years ahead of you" bullshit all you like, the table doesn't lie, and the table is saying that we are superior.

'Gifting' don't make me laugh, even the most avid scum fan would admit we totally outplayed you mugs that day, and don't worry we'll soon make up the 4 points.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
i thought we were loud and sung continuously maybe its acoustics with the sound bouncing off all the empty seats or something? Certainly sounded loud in the arthur waite stand. I seem to remember the entire albion support singing immediately after conceding the penalty. I thought your home support was poor for your biggest rivals 15K, i assume the groupon offer doesnt apply to cat A games? But a visit to Selhurst really makes me count my blessings - it was like an episode of life on mars and not in a good peterborough way.

lol , i dont give a toss about groupon offers or attendances to be honest, that is for stattos and point scorers. I was in the arthur too and yes you did sing pretty continuously, esp first 15 minutes or so, sounded pretty good, just a matter of perspectives i suppose on support noise levels. I was more interested in the footy actually and thought our tinpot noddy backwater club matched you pretty well. very even game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here