Team for Tonight

Stumpy Tim

What would your team for tonight be, assuming no one leaves or joins:

-----------------Brez----------------
Calderon-----Greer----Dunk-----El Abd
----------------Bridders--------------
------Buckley--Sparrow--JFC---------
---------Vokes-------CMS------------

Navarro for Sparrow if not fit. Harsh on Barnes to be fair, but we need Vokes for an away game as finally we've got someone who can hold the ball up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There was another thread on this, and that was my team, except I'd have Harley in for JFC.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't think JFC will start, I think Saturday was too big for him, and tonight maybe the same ? In Gus we trust to manage this. I did note that JFC and Jake Robinson had a chat the other day about Brighton/Palace...

To think it was only a few years ago we had Knight & Robinson up front against Palace :lol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What would your team for tonight be, assuming no one leaves or joins:

-----------------Brez----------------
Calderon-----Greer----Dunk-----El Abd
----------------Bridders--------------
------Buckley--Sparrow--JFC---------
---------Vokes-------CMS------------

Navarro for Sparrow if not fit. Harsh on Barnes to be fair, but we need Vokes for an away game as finally we've got someone who can hold the ball up.

I'd be happey with that, although we have decent options at the moment so there could be any number of small tweeks to that side

Section this man

Agreed. Absolute madness.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If I were to change JFC for anyone in that line up it would be for Navarro, to give us a bit more physicality in the middle

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There was another thread on this, and that was my team, except I'd have Harley in for JFC.

I do rate Harley, but he is DETERMINED to play as casually as he would be in a park kick about. Have you seen the build up to the goal vs. NUFC? His clearance is hilariously nonchalant.

I think he's the last player we need to start in a game where we HAVE to control midfield. He shirked out of about 3 50-50s on Saturday, including one where he was definitely the favourite to win it.

Agreed with others, HAS to be JFC or Navarro alongside Bridcutt, maybe both if Sparrow is out.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
As soon as he came on, we looked the better side on Saturday. Apart from one admittedly woeful incident, he kept the ball and used it well; and his set-piece delivery was spot on too which could be an asset if Vokes starts.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but can see what he offers.

What he doesn't offer is commitment, work rate and determination. Three attributes that are important tonight.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As soon as he came on, we looked the better side on Saturday. Apart from one admittedly woeful incident, he kept the ball and used it well; and his set-piece delivery was spot on too which could be an asset if Vokes starts.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but can see what he offers.

All understood points, however I think in a game like this it's asking too much fo Bridcutt to be the ONLY ballwinner in midfield (remember the home game? we were swamped).

Both JFC and Navarro are better ballwinners.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Bit harsh on Barnes. I thought he's played really well lately IMO

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What he doesn't offer is commitment, work rate and determination. Three attributes that are important tonight.
I won't argue with that. But he offers decent passing and excellent dead ball skills, and I think his corners and free kick expertese could prove VERY handy tonight, especially with Sam Vokes in the team.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here