Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Graham Westley : Mad as a badger ?

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
This was on the Sun website earlier today , but now seems to have been pulled .

"FOOTBALL boss Graham Westley told his players to prepare for a 9/11-style terror attack in a bizarre late-night text.
The Preston North End manager said al-Qaeda was targeting the team's hotel.

Players were stunned by the text sent hours before Saturday's crunch game with Yeovil — which they lost 2-1.

Westley, 43, wrote: "In view of the must win game tomorrow beware of the low flying aircrafts as we are in a very high hotel which will be a target for al quaeda leaders (sic).

"If we come under attack we must stick together and keep evolving as a team and bring pain on them. Make sure u have right footwear on incase of such events."

The text has puzzled stars at the League One club.

A source said: "Nobody is quite sure what to make of it. They don't know if it is meant as a joke or what.

"It is a very odd thing to say. They can't work the gaffer out — they all think he's lost the plot." Last week Westley — who joined Preston from Stevenage earlier this month — dropped four players from the team in a 2am text.

Westley apologised for delivering the news so late, claiming it had taken a long time to add all the players' numbers to his phone's address book.

He said later: "I have always communicated in different ways and I have no plans to stop."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If Balotelli goes elsewhere at least this guy is making a play for the crown of Football MENTALIST.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
This was on the Sun website earlier today , but now seems to have been pulled .

"FOOTBALL boss Graham Westley told his players to prepare for a 9/11-style terror attack in a bizarre late-night text.
The Preston North End manager said al-Qaeda was targeting the team's hotel.

Players were stunned by the text sent hours before Saturday's crunch game with Yeovil — which they lost 2-1.

Westley, 43, wrote: "In view of the must win game tomorrow beware of the low flying aircrafts as we are in a very high hotel which will be a target for al quaeda leaders (sic).

"If we come under attack we must stick together and keep evolving as a team and bring pain on them. Make sure u have right footwear on incase of such events."

The text has puzzled stars at the League One club.

A source said: "Nobody is quite sure what to make of it. They don't know if it is meant as a joke or what.

"It is a very odd thing to say. They can't work the gaffer out — they all think he's lost the plot." Last week Westley — who joined Preston from Stevenage earlier this month — dropped four players from the team in a 2am text.

Westley apologised for delivering the news so late, claiming it had taken a long time to add all the players' numbers to his phone's address book.

He said later: "I have always communicated in different ways and I have no plans to stop."

How I miss Barry Lloyd's post match comments...

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
LOL he sounds brilliant!

"Westley apologised for delivering the news so late, claiming it had taken a long time to add all the players' numbers to his phone's address book."

Sounds like my dad :lolol:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Maybe he has money on Stevenage finishing above them in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here