Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disneyland Paris Hotels

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
a bit of previous experience required here. I am planning to take the kids to Disneyland paris for a short break and we want to stay in one of the disney hotels on site and do it properly. I know it is going to be obscenely expensive and I have come to terms with that. What I am not sure about is which of the obscenely expensive on site hotels to stay at.

I quite fancy either the Newport Bay or Seqoia lodge but the missus like the look of Cheyenne as it has bunk beds for the kids rather than them having to share a double bed.

Has anyone stayed in the hotels on site and can give some feedback?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
a bit of previous experience required here. I am planning to take the kids to Disneyland paris for a short break and we want to stay in one of the disney hotels on site and do it properly. I know it is going to be obscenely expensive and I have come to terms with that. What I am not sure about is which of the obscenely expensive on site hotels to stay at.

I quite fancy either the Newport Bay or Seqoia lodge but the missus like the look of Cheyenne as it has bunk beds for the kids rather than them having to share a double bed.

We've been twice and stayed in Hotel New York - its brilliant. Don't bother with the actual Disney hotel - its insanely expensive. The hotel New York is very near the Disney Village - the rooms are massive.

We are just about to book for March again!

I have had friends who have stayed in Sequoia Lodge and they said it was ok. Cheyenne is a long way from the park - if you have kids the best ones are New York, Newport or Sequoia as you can walk easily back to those and not have to wait for a bus..

When are you thinking of going?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We stayed at Sequoia Lodge a couple of years ago and New York a few weeks back when we made a pre-Christmas visit.

I'd happily stay in either again, although I preferred New York of the two. It's also slightly closer to the parks than SL meaning a shorter walk there and back again at the end of the day, which the smaller legs in your party might appreciate.

I don't think Cheyenne is situated around the same lake as NY, SL and Newport Bay so it might not be the same simple walk through the Disney Village to get to the parks.

And you're right, it can be eye-wateringly expensive there, and I say that as a veteran of 14 or 15 visits to Orlando. Example: counter service lunch for 4 (burgers or small pizzas and cokes) will cost you c50 Euros. Just budget for that and accept it before you go or you'll find yourself feeling bitter every time you buy something!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
We bought this book which is absolutely packed full of information and tips.

The Brit guide of Disneyland Paris - it tells you all sorts of information and was invaluable.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Just came back from cheyanne last friday, Its good much better than santa fe which is the same star rateing, only thing I would say is the room is a little dark as the main light is a lamp on the desk but there is also one by the door & 2 on the bunkbeds so for it to be bright you need them all on (but it is very dark in jan !), but everything else is good about it, beds are good, bathroom is big. food for breakfast is basic french style but good. I would reconmend going for breakfast at 7am and beat the crowds to the park as most days it opens at 8am with the magic hours for hotel guests. also its only a 10 - 15 walk along the river or wait 10 mins for the bus to take you.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

I went with work in September for 3 days, stayed in Sequoia Lodge, which was pretty decent. Everything you'd expect, really, in terms of hotel rooms. Nothing amazing, but a comfortable nights sleep. Location wise its perfect though, 5 minute walk to the buffet/bar, and about 10 minutes to get to Disney Village. I'd recommend it.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
We've stayed at Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge, NB is a bit more classier, with a nicer pool, but I think it was more money, and is a slightly longer walk to the park. SL was quite nice, you're spread out in smaller lodges rather than one big hotel, however be warned that breakfast was stupidly busy, so go as early as you can; I think you might have to book/arrange times for breakfast when you check in; alternatively, you can arrange to have breakfast in DLP, they open one of the restaurants in Fantasyland for a buffet, and it was somewhat quieter, and you get an early start on some of the Fantasyland rides.

My understanding is that Cheyenne is further, not sure if you can walk to DLP from there or not.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've been twice and stayed in Hotel New York - its brilliant. Don't bother with the actual Disney hotel - its insanely expensive. The hotel New York is very near the Disney Village - the rooms are massive.

We are just about to book for March again!

I have had friends who have stayed in Sequoia Lodge and they said it was ok. Cheyenne is a long way from the park - if you have kids the best ones are New York, Newport or Sequoia as you can walk easily back to those and not have to wait for a bus..

When are you thinking of going?
The Sequoia lodge is absolute gash. Basic, expensive and an unacceptable queue for breakfast. We had got up and out early but some people after us were queuing at 8.30am simply for a table, let alone for the insanely expensive continental breakfast. In fact, pound for pound I would say that was the worst accommodation I've ever stayed at.

Next time, we stayed at one of the non-official hotels nearby. There are loads within a mile, that all have their own shuttle service to the park. Much MUCH better experience IMO, and a Disney-badged hotel offering similar facilities would have been well over double the price.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Reading what others have said about the Sequoia Lodge, it does seem your experience will depend on how busy it is!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
If your worried about the cost see if you can upgrade - we always go half board plus and that way you get vouchers to use in certain restaurants - we didn't really bother with lunch just fill up on breakfast and then had fruit and stuff with us for lunch - they never stopped us taking bits in for the kids x

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't know if they still do it, but when we went a few years ago we paid a bit extra for breakfast in the park which gives you entry before everybidy else. Then just stock up with the buffet food and enjoy the almost empty park. Admittedly we did go in April rather than summer.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Another vote here for NewYork.

My Top tip, don't eat in the park, come out and go to Maccy D's in the village.

Much As I dislike McDonald's, you will save a fortune

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd heard bad stuff about the SL breakfast too but for no good reason we didn't bother with it when we stayed there - preferring to just buy our own in the parks as and when we were hungry. It meant we 'lost' the free breakfast, but ho hum...

The breakfasts at NY we did use however, and thought they were really good - a very wide range of hot and cold foods, just rock up and eat whenever you like and very nice dining rooms. No complaints at all.

I always pay the Disney premium in Orlando and the same applies now to DLP. Off-site, waiting for shuttles etc - no thanks, but each to their own.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I'd heard bad stuff about the SL breakfast too but for no good reason we didn't bother with it when we stayed there - preferring to just buy our own in the parks as and when we were hungry. It meant we 'lost' the free breakfast, but ho hum...

The breakfasts at NY we did use however, and thought they were really good - a very wide range of hot and cold foods, just rock up and eat whenever you like and very nice dining rooms. No complaints at all.

I always pay the Disney premium in Orlando and the same applies now to DLP. Off-site, waiting for shuttles etc - no thanks, but each to their own.

Yeah I agree -it's a tiring holiday with kids and the last thing you want at the end of a day is a half hour wait in a bus queue with everyone else's screaming kids!!!!

The NY is perfect and it's near Cafe Mickey - which is a definite visit!!! Loads of characters but book your choice of restaurants Eire here by phone or with the concierge at the hotel when you arrive.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Having done both, I still maintain that the off-site option is better.

However, while we went to the SL, some of our chums stayed at the on-site Disney Hotel and they thought it was great. The best reason I can think of for paying the Disney premium (in any of their hotels) is that you get in before the park opens to everybody else.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Depending on when you are going and for how long it may well be worth becoming a shareholder as you get discounts in the park, I believe its 20 shares you need and for that you get 15% off shops/resturants etc, well worth it

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/shareholders/shareholders-club/index.xhtml#contentj

As for the hotels I would say the same as above really they are all okay

If you can afford to go by Eurostar as its so easy there and back but if you do book both the Eurostar and Disney separately, when we did it for 6 of us it saved £700!!

Another tip is that if you wonder into the Disney hotel about 2pm - when the next Eurostar lot come in- then they have loads of characters in the lobby, saves queueing in the park for an hour to meet them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here