Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you stop a cat shatting in your garden?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Right, I’ve just laid a new front garden with woodchip and every morning there is a new pile of cat shat on it! I’ve tried mothballs and they worked for all of a few hours.

Now I don’t want a get a cat myself as I don’t like them.....
Any ideas?

Yours sincerely,

Cat Shat Man
:rolleyes:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just get kiki to come round and stand out there for awhile.....he'd scare 'em off :lolol:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
A holly branch in the place where it shits.

I've tried Thorn branches, however it now shits three foot to the left. :glare:

Mark your teritory with your own carefully-placed deposit.

I've had a heavy weekend and the word soiling wouldn't be a good idea, trust me!

just get kiki to come round and stand out there for awhile.....he'd scare 'em off

I'm not having someone who's into bestiality cuming over my garden.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I had the same problem recently, and ended up by sweeping up the woodchippings and giving up altogether.

The only thing that will work is getting a cat of your own who you can frighten into shitting in somebody else's garden who will scare off the neighbous cats as well.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
befriend, it give it food, stroke it and play with it for a few weeks, then get some of the most lethal hottest chilies you can find cut em up rub them on your finger then when the cat next comes to your garden grab it and stick your finger up it's harris, after that the cat won't come back to your garden!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My next step was going to be barbed wire. Is that illegal?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Move

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Get some stuff called Silent Roar. Its Lion dung pellets, tried it when we grass seeded our front garden about five years ago and it worked a treat. Should be able to pick it up from garden centres, I think we got ours from the big one in newhaven.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Caveman said:
Right, I’ve just laid a new front garden with woodchip and every morning there is a new pile of cat shat on it! I’ve tried mothballs and they worked for all of a few hours.

Now I don’t want a get a cat myself as I don’t like them.....
Any ideas?

Yours sincerely,

Cat Shat Man
:rolleyes:

Cats bury their shit - something else is, erm, leaving the piss.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
gazwag said:
Get some stuff called Silent Roar. Its Lion dung pellets, tried it when we grass seeded our front garden about five years ago and it worked a treat. Should be able to pick it up from garden centres, I think we got ours from the big one in newhaven.

Shit for shit...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
gazwag said:
Get some stuff called Silent Roar. Its Lion dung pellets

Hmmm. Solve the problem of cats doing little craps in your garden by covering it in loads of crap.:D

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I have about 6 cats who for some reason seem to prefer my garden to everyone elses.

Here are some things I tried.

Pepper - didn't work
sharp stones - didn't work.
Dog - great but you have to clean up after that instead.
Standing at the front door making a fool of myself shouting at them.
Throwing things just to have them sit and look at me like I'm mad.

I'm now done to my last resort of a Pellet Gun but somehow just don't have the nerve.

If you find a solution let me know.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If the cat keeps shitting in the same area all the time, just put out a small bowl of cat food and either spray poison or hide some pills inside the food. When the cat helps itself to your generous offering, it will be the last you'll hear from your friendly neighbourhood feline again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here