Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A nice bottle of Whiskey

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
On a similar vein to the other thread on Wine, what is everybody's choice of Whiskey, and for cost reasons I am really talking sub £25 (£30 at a push for something special)

Currently I am stocked up with Johnnie Walker Black, ready for when I start to drink in Feb again

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Single Malt

I believe this thread might be your answer

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
On a similar vein to the other thread on Wine, what is everybody's choice of Whiskey, and for cost reasons I am really talking sub £25 (£30 at a push for something special)

Currently I am stocked up with Johnnie Walker Black, ready for when I start to drink in Feb again

I thought your tipple of choice was a bottle of White Lightning mate?

Whisky is to be savoured, not drunk in quantity. It's to be experimented with - and everyone's taste is different. Try a single malt and compare it with a blended whisky. Then try another single malt and discover how different it tastes. Try an Irish Whiskey. Try it neat. Try it with a little water. Try it with ginger ale (if you must - but not with a single malt). DON'T TRY IT WITH COCA COLA. Enjoy the discovery.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel

JURA single malt...liquid golden heaven

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Whisky is to be savoured, not drunk in quantity. It's to be experimented with - and everyone's taste is different. Try a single malt and compare it with a blended whisky. Then try another single malt and discover how different it tastes. Try an Irish Whiskey. Try it neat. Try it with a little water. Try it with ginger ale (if you must). DON'T TRY IT WITH COCA COLA. Enjoy the discovery.

I would never poison it with Coke, generally a couple of rocks and thats it!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Lagavullin (sp), if you want something unique with a strong peaty taste that won't cost the earth.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Ooooooooooh goodieeeeeeeeee!!!!
Another whiskey thread

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Southern Comfort Special Reserve (The one blended with Bourbon), Glenfiddich

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Black Bush Irish Whiskey with a dash of water (half a teaspoonful) to bring out the wonderful mellow flavour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here