7. GreenEdge at 16”
8. BMC Racing at 16”
9. Lotto-Belisol at 17”
10. Rabobank at 17”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm less pleased about the ban, assuming what I have heard is correct.

It's back dated, so he losses the tour and 2011 Giro. Which means nothing.
Depending on dates he might make the Olympics, but will definitely ride the Vuelta.

Which he'll go on to dominate and win, like he's never been away.

2 years from now, and we'd see a lot less pissing around in the courts, when the next positive comes up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and 51 points :thumbsup:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Today's points are up now. 80 points for me, up from 6th to 2nd. This fantasy league is pretty relentless, one bad day and you fall well back.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh and 51 points :thumbsup:

Today's points are up, and I scored a rather satisfying 80 points. I'm catching up SB. Although I made the school boy error of not having two Garmin riders, a sin when there is a TTT.

Ooh, strange internet shenanigans. Sort of a double post.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I'll not be scoring a poultry 37 points, tomorrow.
Not with Cav Greipel, and Kittel, in the same team!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Today's stage result just in:

1st Greipel
2nd Sagan
3rd Gallopin
4th Bouhanni
5th Sutton

So that is 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th for me, plus leaders jersey, points jersey and young jersey. #smug bastard :lol:

Edit: Further results in:

1. GREIPEL André
2. SAGAN Peter
3. GALLOPIN Tony
4. BOUHANNI Nacer
5. SUTTON Christopher
6. KOHLER Martin
7. DE NEGRI Pier Paolo
8. CHAVANEL Sylvain
9. NAVARDAUSKAS Ramunas
10. COOKE Baden
11. BOONEN Tom
12. DE KORT Koen
13. GUSEV Vladimir
14. ASCANI Luca
15. KUCHYNSKI Aliaksandr
16. YOSHIDA Hayato
17. CANCELLARA Fabian
18. HAYMAN Mathew
19. BALLAN Alessandro
20. WYNANTS Maarten

I also have 9th and 10th. Thinking I may get a prize today, fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just one and 9 for me.
I don't think I'll be repeating yesterday's 120.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Today's stage result just in:

1st Greipel
2nd Sagan
3rd Gallopin
4th Bouhanni
5th Sutton

So that is 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th for me, plus leaders jersey, points jersey and young jersey. #smug bastard :lol:

Edit: Further results in:

1. GREIPEL André
2. SAGAN Peter
3. GALLOPIN Tony
4. BOUHANNI Nacer
5. SUTTON Christopher
6. KOHLER Martin
7. DE NEGRI Pier Paolo
8. CHAVANEL Sylvain
9. NAVARDAUSKAS Ramunas
10. COOKE Baden
11. BOONEN Tom
12. DE KORT Koen
13. GUSEV Vladimir
14. ASCANI Luca
15. KUCHYNSKI Aliaksandr
16. YOSHIDA Hayato
17. CANCELLARA Fabian
18. HAYMAN Mathew
19. BALLAN Alessandro
20. WYNANTS Maarten

I also have 9th and 10th. Thinking I may get a prize today, fingers crossed.
Well that's ALL the top 5 for me ! :)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well that's ALL the top 5 for me ! :)

Nice work, maybe you will get a prize for top points scorer on the stage. There was only one person on the Road CC forum who had managed that (all of the top 5). There is quite alot of bitching on there about the stage profile, many thought it was really hilly, they forgot to check the height of the hills though :facepalm:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Quick tally up of mine gives me 191 points for today, 1066 you will be looking at north of 200 points, an impressive feat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well done, Mrs Stat Brother.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Quick tally up of mine gives me 191 points for today, 1066 you will be looking at north of 200 points, an impressive feat.

Whilst of course very happy with getting all the top 5 on this stage, it did leave me a tad deflated to discover I only picked up 197 points for it. Only one of my other 4 riders picked up points, and that was a big gun with a disappointing 2 pts. You obviously did better with your other riders. I think I still have a lot to learn in this game.

Was hoping to break into the top 2 of our NSC league, but no, still 3rd. I did move up to 46th in the South East regional league though...which reminds me to congratulate you on breaking into the Top Ten in that league. Impressive stuff ! :clap2:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Whilst of course very happy with getting all the top 5 on this stage, it did leave me a tad deflated to discover I only picked up 197 points for it. Only one of my other 4 riders picked up points, and that was a big gun with a disappointing 2 pts. You obviously did better with your other riders. I think I still have a lot to learn in this game.

Was hoping to break into the top 2 of our NSC league, but no, still 3rd. I did move up to 46th in the South East regional league though...which reminds me to congratulate you on breaking into the Top Ten in that league. Impressive stuff ! :clap2:

If I hadn't have missed the start of Qatar whilst moving house I would be doing even better. The trick is to hunt down cheap DS riders who are doing well in the young riders or points jerseys, either that or keep picking Greipel (well it seems that way so far this season) and an awful lot of luck, if I could have got rid of Greipel for Rodriguez yesterday I would have, but I did not have the transfers/money.

Also Navardauskas has scored me loads of points so far, 93, which for a mere 6.9 credits is an absolute bargain. The real top players always seem to manage to pick all the right DS riders, I manage the odd coup but am still over 500 behind the overall leader.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If I hadn't have missed the start of Qatar whilst moving house I would be doing even better. The trick is to hunt down cheap DS riders who are doing well in the young riders or points jerseys, either that or keep picking Greipel (well it seems that way so far this season) and an awful lot of luck, if I could have got rid of Greipel for Rodriguez yesterday I would have, but I did not have the transfers/money.

Also Navardauskas has scored me loads of points so far, 93, which for a mere 6.9 credits is an absolute bargain. The real top players always seem to manage to pick all the right DS riders, I manage the odd coup but am still over 500 behind the overall leader.

Thanks for the tips. Funnily enough, I can reveal that Rodriguez is my big gun that hasn't really been doing it for me, and only scored 2 pts for me on this stage. Whilst I've done a lot of juggling most days, moving in in form riders etc, I've always left Rodriguez in the team as I've always felt he'll come good on this Tour at some point...although it's getting a bit late in proceedings now :lol:

Thanks for setting all this up btw, I'm loving it !, and it'll be a first for me going into the big one in July in front of the TV for 3 weeks actually knowing who's been doing what throughout the season.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thanks for the tips. Funnily enough, I can reveal that Rodriguez is my big gun that hasn't really been doing it for me, and only scored 2 pts for me on this stage. Whilst I've done a lot of juggling most days, moving in in form riders etc, I've always left Rodriguez in the team as I've always felt he'll come good on this Tour at some point...although it's getting a bit late in proceedings now :lol:

Thanks for setting all this up btw, I'm loving it !, and it'll be a first for me going into the big one in July in front of the TV for 3 weeks actually knowing who's been doing what throughout the season.

It is nice checking out these minor tours, even an obsessive like me does not normally follow the Tour Down Under, Qatar and Oman. The real stuff starts next month though, Paris-Nice was what i always considered the start of the season. I'm looking forward to having this extra element to our yearly TdF thread too, we should all have the hang of this by then, so it will be a good contest.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It is nice checking out these minor tours, even an obsessive like me does not normally follow the Tour Down Under, Qatar and Oman. The real stuff starts next month though, Paris-Nice was what i always considered the start of the season. I'm looking forward to having this extra element to our yearly TdF thread too, we should all have the hang of this by then, so it will be a good contest.

My 12 yr old was asking why the likes of Cav and Andy Schleck aren't doing much at the mo. The way I described it to him was to think of it with football as pre season warm up matches - the results don't mean a lot,it's just about getting fit really for the serious stuff that comes later.

Talking of Paris - Nice, I looked at ferry crossings from Dover to Calais on Sunday 8th April earlier for Paris - Roubaix. £30 return for a car and 4 people sounds pretty good. Seriously thinking of going for it as it only clashes with Burnley away and I've already lost my chance of doing all games this season as I missed 'Boro & Leeds away. Have you ever been over for it yourself ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here