Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh and with my 18 points, I look down on you!

With my 12 points from stage one turning into 94 points after stage two...I now look down on you :wink: :)

Up to 6th place in the league now.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Damn you stulkey! Knocked me off the top. Here are the current standings

1 VC Manwasp stulkey 476
2 Indurains lungs Samacollins 472
3 Leipheimer not weeks memories of meseeuw 327
4 Team Culvers culvers 292
5 Please Delete This Thread viveLaPants 291
6 In search of Windy Millar Stat Brother 277
7 Peloton Rolls Peloton Rolls 198
8 catchymonkey TotallyFreaked 189
8= bikingmike bikingmike 189
10 Riccos Dodgy Blood MVGWoody 156

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
:flameboun

Any chance of a review so far then Pantani ?, as it's your baby.

3rd place finish in the league for me so far :)

I'm happy enough to just be looking down on SB at this stage in proceedings :p

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Easy tiger.
It took me a while to get to grips (read) the scoring.
I think you'll fine I finished strongly and won't get caught with my bibs down, come Nice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm also liking the idea of a 'cycling' thread for 11 months of the year, before we all move, en masse, to The Tour thread every July.

To that end, I was just looking for another film to put up, but I'll be jiggered if I can find it now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Easy tiger.
It took me a while to get to grips (read) the scoring.
I think you'll fine I finished strongly and won't get caught with my bibs down, come Nice.

Yep, nice strong finish on the final two stages there it has to be said. A good while until Paris - Nice, so plenty of time for you to swot up. ;)

All good fun of course.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To that end, I was just looking for another film to put up, but I'll be jiggered if I can find it now.
There it is.
Admittedly I've not watched it myself yet, but now I know where to find it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmm I thought I'd joined the league, apparently I hadn't, doh!
I see a Lazarus on the cards.
Plenty of time and a gerzillion points, up for grabs.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hmm I thought I'd joined the league, apparently I hadn't, doh!

I think they do scoring for overall and for each event (with the spring classics counted together), so there is plenty of fun still to be had. Plus you can score crazy amounts of points per day if you get it right, the overall leader has 831 points which I believe is over 130 points per day.

Heads up every body they seem to have added the Tour of Qatar to the game so the next event starts on 5th February, not Paris-Nice as it was before. This really will be a Tour for the geeks. Not like Australia where you can just pick all the home riders, famous Qatari cyclists... err... erm... no... there aren't any. Plus I think my top secret ultimate weapon will probably be competing in this Tour so beware. My top tip pre this tour starting, only pick sprinters, the official website does not even show stage profiles because it is so flat.

Congratulations Mr Collins on a superb start, I was hoping my previous experience would give me an unfair advantage but alas this has not been the case.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The Tour of Qatar is quite dull, IMO. There is no beautiful scenery like Italy or France. It lacks any cols, which takes out a huge tactical element. It's a pointless marketing ploy by Qatar.

It's officially flatter than Keira Knightley after a boob reduction (that's my excitement levels as well as the course).

Sent from my phone cause I can

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
:bounce:

Don't forget to pick your team for tomorrow's start of the Tour of Qatar.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In fact, it's now today, not tomorrow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh Bugger. Must do that tomorrow morning.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

I think it starts very early our time. You'll need to be up early if you don't want to miss out.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Mum had just told me Contador has picked up a 2 year ban. I thought he was cleared of steak-gate.

EDIT: Seen the headline now. Mum had misread it. Actually said he could face a 2 year ban.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Mum had just told me Contador has picked up a 2 year ban. I thought he was cleared of steak-gate.

EDIT: Seen the headline now. Mum had misread it. Actually said he could face a 2 year ban.

Confirmed now, Contador banned for two years. A good thing I think, it shows that no matter who you are, or how little an amount of drugs you have in your system you will be banned. Hopefully this will be the last case for some time, surely no one would be so stupid as to risk cheating now.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just watched the end of the second stage of the ToQ. Garmin first, Quickstep second, Sky third, I can't remember who were fourth, Liquigas 5th.

Better points for me today I think, I only got 8 yesterday :facepalm:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Just watched the end of the second stage of the ToQ. Garmin first, Quickstep second, Sky third, I can't remember who were fourth, Liquigas 5th.

Better points for me today I think, I only got 8 yesterday :facepalm:

I only picked up 7 yesterday. :eek:

I'm glad Contador got banned. The Spaniards seem to try and cover up any doping so WADA have made a really strong point today. Good on them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here