Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Slightly off topic, was gutted to spot this on my bike the other day. Warranty claim time...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333732380908.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333732380908.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 138

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:down:

Nasty - although its better you spotted it rather than it getting worse when you're out on it.

Is that a Scott?
Scott is a good shout, but judging by the tyre not being slick, I'm going to plump for Spech Centour.

And by jimminy this could be a great game, (for a short while)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bollox made myself look an arse for no reason.

Hey ho nothing new there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How are they working for you, I'm a Pro Race man, me-self.

Oh and as Stoi says good spot, I doubt I would have noticed, although your bike is either new or remarkable clean.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Nearly three years old and well loved.

Conti tyres are great. They have really good traction and good mileage. I'd recommend giving them a go. It's a fairly new set on the bike at the moment, so they look rougher than they are.

A picture from the net of the girl, as stock.
84534217-65010771.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Tyre is a Conti GP4000s (not the stock piece of shit that came with it)

How are they working for you, I'm a Pro Race man, me-self.

Oh and as Stoi says good spot, I doubt I would have noticed, although your bike is either new or remarkable clean.

Pro race on the summer/swanky bike. Contis on the commuter/winter hack. Everyones a winner in this argument.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pro race on the summer/swanky bike. Contis on the commuter/winter hack. Everyones a winner in this argument.
As is customary when it comes to cycling & NSC.

You keep a mightily clean bike Woodchip.
I do well with mine, considering my track record with everything else I've ever owner.
But my calipers certainly don't look like that.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Paris-Roubaix team finalised. Strongest DS line up I've ever had, as 1066 said Cancellara leaves a lot of money to play with. Happy with what I have now, hopefully I can catch up a bit with the leaders. Degenkolb better finally repay my faith though, I kept him in again despite my better judgment.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Paris-Roubaix team finalised. Strongest DS line up I've ever had, as 1066 said Cancellara leaves a lot of money to play with. Happy with what I have now, hopefully I can catch up a bit with the leaders. Degenkolb better finally repay my faith though, I kept him in again despite my better judgment.

Good luck.

I'm leaving mine until late tonight. Have 5 transfers and a healthy budget to play with. Think I'll just go with a quick instinctive selection again rather than tinker around too much. Torn as to whether or not to put Thor in as it might be his last chance to win and my research suggests his form going into this one counts for nothing anyway.

Getting excited about going down tomorrow. Might try and take a few pics and post on here if I can, preferably without being too self indulgent and boring the tits off everyone ( although I'm probably doing that already). Aiming to get a good spot in the velodrome on the bend where the riders enter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry Pantani I have kept Degenkolb too.

I think I might have been muttering about something Breschel said a couple of months ago.
So I stuck him in, in place of Boom.

Getting excited about going down tomorrow. Might try and take a few pics and post on here if I can, preferably without being too self indulgent and boring the tits off everyone ( although I'm probably doing that already).
Don't tell me you STILL don't understand the NSC cycling community :facepalm: :lol:

Indulge away.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Good luck.

I'm leaving mine until late tonight. Have 5 transfers and a healthy budget to play with. Think I'll just go with a quick instinctive selection again rather than tinker around too much. Torn as to whether or not to put Thor in as it might be his last chance to win and my research suggests his form going into this one counts for nothing anyway.

Getting excited about going down tomorrow. Might try and take a few pics and post on here if I can, preferably without being too self indulgent and boring the tits off everyone ( although I'm probably doing that already). Aiming to get a good spot in the velodrome on the bend where the riders enter.

We have managed to catch the race many times lower down around Orchie (TDF stage this year) and easily got into the veledrome at the end (make sure your map reading skills are set) try and get in where you can see a big screen as well.

One year we even got into the technical area outside the famous showers, look forward to seeing your photos. Not going so I shall be gutted if it rains, been years since we saw a wet one - they are the best. Enjoy...

Attachments

• PR S.jpg
    PR S.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Paris_Roubaix.jpg
    Paris_Roubaix.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 125

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not forgetting this beauty.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not forgetting this beauty.

We are his unlucky charms, this happened next to where we were standing, then a few years back his handlebars snapped about 100 yards down from where we were. I am looking for a screen shot of us but the camera shot keeps cutting.

This was probably one of the last wet ones we were at, last few years its been dry and dusty. Did Boonan go on and get a place after that crash. Thoses were the days when you often did not know the results until you got home...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here