Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Question for you guys....

I've got the Strava app on my phone now. But I can't create a route on the phone. So I've logged in on the laptop and made one. How do I now get it on to my phone so I can use it like a satnav? I thought they would automatically link but it hasn't. Is there another step I need to do?

I don't know my way round all the trails round here properly yet so having one earphone in and directions would be handy in the darkness in the morning.

Go to "record activity" when you are about to set off, and underneath the GPS map (on the left) is a squiggly dotted line. Click on that and it shows all the routes you've created...then just click on "use route".

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I just go to "record activity" and underneath the GPS map on the left is a squiggly dotted line. Click on that and it shows you all the routes you've created...then just click on "use route".

That's what I did with my first one. But I want to plan in advance. There is little or no street lighting in and around Burgess Hill, Hurstpierpoint and Hassocks at 5am as they turn them off around 1am.

I do mostly trail riding and use country lanes to link trails. But now it's dark I want to extend my routes on tarmac if I can. I leave at 5.15am usually. I don't know the area that well and where all the little country lanes go so the chances of getting lost is very high. Not something I fancy happening in the dark and having to be at work at 6am!

I've got bronchitis at the moment so off the bike for a week.

I'm bored at home so sitting here trying to create new rides.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Anyone need any new socks for the winter? Planet X has a huge sale on at the moment, with some pairs down to as little as a £1.
I've had some more of their sorbtek socks delivered today...probably the most comfortable cycling socks I've ever used. Well worth it at £2 a pair - I wont buy any others these days!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Well, no I suppose not, eventually you'll come across somewhere you know but on a commute to work it's a bit iffy..

I have a rough idea of kind of where I will be but it's the time constraints. Cant be late for work and going the wrong way for a couple of miles in the dark on unlit roads will somewhat annoy me.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I done some 'sighting laps' on the rollers last night.

Initially couldn't get started then remembered to look ahead not at the front wheel. Done a few 2-3 minute stints okay. Only unplanned foot down was after looking at the 'phone beside me. Being on the MTB helps. Will not switch over until I can do 15 mins non stop, and then it will be unclipped at first.

Surprising muscle aches and side pain for not that much pedalling.

I won't record anything until the next sensor arrives.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I done some 'sighting laps' on the rollers last night.

Initially couldn't get started then remembered to look ahead not at the front wheel. Done a few 2-3 minute stints okay. Only unplanned foot down was after looking at the 'phone beside me. Being on the MTB helps. Will not switch over until I can do 15 mins non stop, and then it will be unclipped at first.

Surprising muscle aches and side pain for not that much pedalling.

I won't record anything until the next sensor arrives.

I've thought about them. Do they work with mountain bikes ok? Considering 29" wheels and chunky tyres?

I've always thought they'd be quite noisy indoors.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not saying they would be any good for the Geeks - but saw these advertised not so long ago. The range has been designed in conjunction with Cycling Plus & Bike Radar, & for £330 it looks an absolute bargain for someone just starting out on a small budget, or needing a cheap winter commuter.

Tempted to get one for Young Fignon at that price tbh....

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/8017992

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok Geeks I'm at that time again.

Stat Steed is absolutely purring at the moment, but it's borderline filthy.

Do I clean and leave myself open to an annoying click/knock/creak.
Or
Stay super smooth, but minging.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Ok Geeks I'm at that time again.

Stat Steed is absolutely purring at the moment, but it's borderline filthy.

Do I clean and leave myself open to an annoying click/knock/creak.
Or
Stay super smooth, but minging.

like your dinky doo, just run it under the tap

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Wash it fella [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]. Then get squeally brakes.

Done my second set of sighting laps on the rollers tonight. 1 min wobble foot down, 1 min wobble foot down. 6 mins wobble foot down. 3 mins couldn't resist that itch, wobble foot down. 4 mins alarm means get off. Much more tiring than I thought it would be.

Chap at work who hasn't ridden for a few years mentioned a turbo but he's now thinking about rollers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here