Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A quick heads up.

ITV4 have Dauphine highlights at 10pm. Tonights will be worth a watch in a, will they or won't they stay away?, kinda way.

Tomorrow is ITT, followed by another will they or won't they stage on Thursday.

Then we have 3 days of serious climbing that should give us some indication of where the climbing legs of most of the TdF GC are at.

All kicks off on Friday with Mont du Chat - purportedly the hardest climb in France no less! The stage will feature a descent finish after Mont Chat, just like a stage in this years Tour. Worth buckling up and seeing what Bardet gets up to for that one if nothing else.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A quick heads up.

ITV4 have Dauphine highlights at 10pm. Tonights will be worth a watch in a, will they or won't they stay away?, kinda way.

Then we have 3 days of serious climbing that should give us some indication of where the climbing legs of most of the TdF GC are at.

All kicks off on Friday with Mont du Chat - purportedly the hardest climb in France no less! The stage will feature a descent finish after Mont Chat, just like a stage in this years Tour. Worth buckling up and seeing what Bardet gets up to for that one if nothing else.

Sounds good. I just hope that I am in the right mood to watch some cycling on Friday...

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I didn't realise Peugeot had entered the market again. Electric bikes available over here by the looks of it, but the road bikes seem to be only available over the Channel. Bit plain for my liking - but still lovely looking machines....

http://cycles.peugeot.fr/fiche-velo/r02-100-c/r02-100-c-1/

Wonder how long til a French team starts using them? I would love to see them start sponsoring a squad again as well....How cool would it be to see that legendary chequered jersey back in the peleton?!)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A quick heads up.

Yeah but its TT every night at 9 on ITV4 too. No excuse for not watching both.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah but its TT every night at 9 on ITV4 too. No excuse for not watching both.

No offence Moto, but I'd rather watch paint dry than watch motor sport.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I do like the plain black look, & have a black jersey I use a fair bit - but I will wear my bright blue one as much as I can, purely because it stands out more. Hence my vote for A (plus that one is a nice nod to the football club)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Today's Dauphine stage is a must watch folks!

Don't miss it on highlights or 'as live' on Eurosport.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I had a little look at TdF betting odds in the wake of the Dauphine as I think it could be more open than ever this year.

I agree with the bookies. Froome is still favourite, with Porte second fav (or complete fail).

I know some will laugh, but I couldn't resist a sneaky e/w on Aru @22/1. I know how this season has been for him, but even so, I was surprised to see him so long (some even have him at 33/1 !). I'm thinking Tom D in 2015 Vuelta following his TdF early abandon. Joint leadership with Fuglsang might actually work in their favour quite nicely, and he can TT too.

Who wants to get in first with the :lol: :facepalm: ?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I had a little look at TdF betting odds in the wake of the Dauphine as I think it could be more open than ever this year.

I agree with the bookies. Froome is still favourite, with Porte second fav (or complete fail).

I know some will laugh, but I couldn't resist a sneaky e/w on Aru @22/1. I know how this season has been for him, but even so, I was surprised to see him so long (some even have him at 33/1 !). I'm thinking Tom D in 2015 Vuelta following his TdF early abandon. Joint leadership with Fuglsang might actually work in their favour quite nicely, and he can TT too.

Who wants to get in first with the :lol: :facepalm: ?

I was actually thinking along the same lines - so no facepalm from me. I reckon he could surprise a few people.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Hahaha! I've done that. Forgot my trousers once, but only once!
The photo of me in a work shirt, work shoes and red cycling tights was widely circulated.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
No way!

I've dodged the suit for coming up 8 months now. Smart trousers means a shirt and tie is all I need. I've got a suit in the office and at home, so all short notice bases covered.

Maybe I'm just too prepared.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here