Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hahaha bumped into Phil today, he of 5 doors down the road from me, we passed each other on Coombes :facepalm:
It wasn't too difficult to talk him out of Steyning Bostal and into Shoreham Airport cake stop.

I'm now super jealous as he was just leaving Mason cycles having just bought this:-

mason_orange_ultegra_side_lighter_213ea06a.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Contador just had a very good steak dinner beforehand tbh....

Had honestly forgotten he was in the Discovery team.
Now we can see what the best clean athletes can do, it's all the funnier to look back at the super-human efforts of yesteryear. Completely farcical.

Speaking of today's best, there were some great words from Cav re G and team Sky in general.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now we can see what the best clean athletes can do, it's all the funnier to look back at the super-human efforts of yesteryear. Completely farcical..
Am I right in thinking you've changed your tune?
If so what finally bought you to the side of hope then crushing disappointed? :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The cleanliness of the current riders.
You've lost me. I'm hoping the current riders are clean. Or at least if they're not, I'm assuming they're not getting away with taking much. Did I say something else before?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've lost me. I'm hoping the current riders are clean. Or at least if they're not, I'm assuming they're not getting away with taking much. Did I say something else before?

Clearly not then, I must be mistaking you for another (of many) posters when having the weary ongoing conversations about PED's and cycling.

As you were.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Clearly not then, I must be mistaking you for another (of many) posters when having the weary ongoing conversations about PED's and cycling.
Maybe. One bit where I will have changed my tune over the last few years is my feelings on how many other sportsmen are doping - I currently think it's a lot more than I used to think.

For example, I used to think Bolt was clean :facepalm:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think I've just messed myself watching this descent. Crazy speeds, twitching front wheels, skidding back wheels, smoking tyres, frankly ridiculous!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I'm not laughing at the suggestion he'll win it. If it doesn't win it now, it'll be surprising.

I'm merely laughing at the stage comparison you made. Nothing more.

It was very similar the way it was ridden and that who we were expecting to win the race. The only difference was the drama of lost transmission and the commentators not knowing exactly where Roche was.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Froome is being very classy with his obvious delight in G lined up for victory. Hope the haters take note.

Wouldn't surprise me if sky planned a G win ages ago in response to the course being said to be designed to best prevent Froome winning again as in "Ah bless, we'll play that game and have a different British rider win then." I think sky thought that ploy suggested they were a one man team and the intention was to prevent a sky win, so up came the 2 fingered salute. Equally I know funk all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here