NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]992398499382784000[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Classic lowside. Nasty.

Legs and harris did not let me out this morning. Gutted as it was lovely. Must get out tomorrow.

Really enjoyed the tour of Yorkshire, especially the stage win today.

Which is the cool fantasy league?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Classic lowside. Nasty.

Legs and harris did not let me out this morning. Gutted as it was lovely. Must get out tomorrow.

Really enjoyed the tour of Yorkshire, especially the stage win today.

Which is the cool fantasy league?

If you used that cream I recommended you’d of been riding today. :D

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If you used that cream I recommended you’d of been riding today. :D

I'm not so sure. The legs did not let me out of bed, but when I sat on the sofa I knew I'd have barely made it round the block.

This morning was too far too soon. And the front derailleur is still pissing about. Don't go out too late today.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I'm not so sure. The legs did not let me out of bed, but when I sat on the sofa I knew I'd have barely made it round the block.

This morning was too far too soon. And the front derailleur is still pissing about. Don't go out too late today.

Work for me. :down:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Yorkshire is, admittedly, stunning - and has some great riding spots....but can someone tell these race organizers that the UK has more to it than just "oop north".
Generally dont agree with taking the national tours way out of their own borders but, if it has to be done, lets spread the love for the South of England a bit more - & while they're at it, bring the Tour of Britain down this way more regularly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Good for the race to see Lopez lose time today in the Giro. What with Froome seemingly out of salts, the GC appears quite open already. Tomorrow will give us our first insight into where the form is.

I'm hoping for a Pozzovivo Giro win personally, or Lopez would be nice as well. I think Tom D is favourite to retain it though.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yorkshire is, admittedly, stunning - and has some great riding spots....but can someone tell these race organizers that the UK has more to it than just "oop north".
Generally dont agree with taking the national tours way out of their own borders but, if it has to be done, lets spread the love for the South of England a bit more - & while they're at it, bring the Tour of Britain down this way more regularly.

The powers that be in Yorkshire have worked hard and long to get where they are on this. Perhaps no-one 'down south' has told the race organisers that the UK has more to it than just "oop north".

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The powers that be in Yorkshire have worked hard and long to get where they are on this. Perhaps no-one 'down south' has told the race organisers that the UK has more to it than just "oop north".

Never said they didn't - and good on them for doing what they've done.
The pro peleton has been down here before, no reason why they cant again IMO. I know there is the RideLondon one day race, but I just dont get why Yorkshire has to be the main hub of cycling in the UK at the moment? TDF (& another visit on the cards), TDY, Worlds, Vuelta....?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The pro peleton has been down here before, no reason why they cant again IMO. I know there is the RideLondon one day race, but I just dont get why Yorkshire has to be the main hub of cycling in the UK at the moment? TDF (& another visit on the cards), TDY, Worlds, Vuelta....?

A few seasons ago there was a stage planned of the tdf that would have come right through Hastings. Would have gone up Battery Hill too, which would have been superb!

Unfortunately it was tied to a London bid and Boris, as Major, ended up pulling the plug at the last minute because of funding :(

I wonder how much Yorkshire councils pay to get the big races up there?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

The reason is the authorities want it, and have worked hard with the organisers to get it, keep it and expand it. Do other authorities really want it along with all the disruption it causes ?
Yorkshire has the advantage that it is HUGE compared to other areas. Even though it covers in fact 3 counties (North, West and South Yorkshire) they work together as Yorkshire and the tour de Yorkshire involved all 3 counties.
I live in Leeds and the disruption caused to the city (and others on the route) with roads being closed was enormous, plus the sheer amount of work involved with that could be enough to put off other areas.
Yorkshire is making an effort to become quite a sporting hub. The next event in Leeds totally disrupting the city for a whole weekend is the ITU world Triathlon in June.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
So pleased for Simon Yates - he and Adam have really grown as riders the last couple of years, and its great to see them reaping the rewards regularly now.
As for Wilier Triestina - Im assuming yesterdays "go slow" was to keep themselves fresh for Jacob Mareczkos sprint win today... ;o)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Ignore my gentle ribbing of the Wilier Triestina team yesterday. Just read that Edoardo Zardini fell and broke his collarbone...so the whole team waited up and nursed him to the finish line on Mt Etna. Chapeau guys - CHAPEAU.

#together

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody good of the Giro to have the last 5k's during halftime of the football.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My mate bought his first road bike on Friday. Its a 2nd hand ONCE team issue TCR frame (anodized green...looks better than it sounds), Ultegra & 105 mix GS, Mavic wheels (£1200 alone), carbon & anodized everything else, for £1k. Never been used, light as a feather, & stunning.

I suddenly feel very inadequate on my £500 Giant bargain basement hack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here