Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Look out all you lycra clad, shaven legged boy racers ... my electric bike is out of the shed, oiled and ready to go for the summer season and I will be overtaking you on a hill near you, whistling as I glide past, any day soon!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cheers 10 and Stat. This makes sense, are there any other WT teams that concentrate on the classics?

Well the other Belgium lot, Lotto Soudal, to some extent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers 10 and Stat. This makes sense, are there any other WT teams that concentrate on the classics?

This season QS turned the dial up to 11, the team put every single egg in the one basket and it's paid off.

This time last year they were struggling to find a title sponsor.
As QuickStep remained they were either promised this kind of exposure, or the team thought 'we need this kind of exposure to attract the next sponsor'.
They culled a lot of their rouleur and mountain riders in favour of hard as nails (cheap) Belgiumists.

That's the difference between QS and the other spring teams, as 10 says Lotto (both) and BMC have also fancied their chances but within their teams they have a Grand Tour squad as well.

Obviously there's also the Sagan factor, but as the podcast chaps were saying today, he rather pee'ed in his own pint, by demanding so much money, Bora couldn't afford to pay and support him.

Sagan probably needs to learn from a quarterback taking a pay cut so the team could get someone he can throw too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A Sunday in heaven begins with FULL live coverage just started on Eurosport, and Kirby not a part of the commentary team :clap:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Certainly a day for watching. Bloody weather.

Tell me about it! Really pissed off to have yesterday's plans scuppered because of it. I'm sick to the back teeth of it to be honest. Just hoping for a dry window at the end of the race today to get out and salvage something from the weekend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jelly Wally in the break hoovering up some early points for team stat.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I’d hate to be a pro rider, motor bikes wizzing around you, cars up your arse, and that bloody helicopter hovering above all day. Oh!! ,and I don’t think I could fake not looking tired after about 20k. I just don’t think I could enjoy my ride. :cool:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here