Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hey [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] did you install Redbox on your Firestick?

I ask as today's game is being shown on NBCsN which has consistently been the best viewing option offered up by Redbox.

No I didn't really need it. I was asking for a chum who has since said "Been using live lounge which is far superior."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm glad I held back so many substitutions for the Ardennes. :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm glad I held back so many substitutions for the Ardennes. :facepalm:

I'm still left wondering what Bono did to be left out of your team...again! :lol:

I'm so proud of young Eddie Dunbar today. Knew he wouldn't let me down! Definitely one for the future there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Me too. Imagine that race in wet weather all the way round!

What a ride by Gaudin! I keep hoping he'll top ten Paris Roubaix again but he's not come close to his 5th place there since.

Gaudin looked cooked so many times when he was off the back of the group and fought back so well!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My abused bike is in for a refurb. £300+ and no tyres in that.

That lovely De Rosa wasn't in the window very long. :down: They now have a 'McLaren' s-works for as good as ten grand. :mad:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Gutted Haig couldn't hang on to the lead going on to the Mur yesterday in the FW...had a feeling he would do well, so put him in my fantasy team.
Now for L-B-L & the final Classic!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gutted Haig couldn't hang on to the lead going on to the Mur yesterday in the FW...had a feeling he would do well, so put him in my fantasy team.
Now for L-B-L & the final Classic!

SB must be made up with Grosu winning though, eh :lol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've just binned a brilliant tyre. A year ago I was advised to replace it because of squaring, but I held on. At this weeks service I was more forcefully advised to replace it. Basically, a couple of spots where the outer layer was gone, loads of cuts and embedded stones and no sign of the dimples to indicate wear.

I might now leapfrog 28s to 30s. I understand a pro team are running them all season this year.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Im still rolling on my Vittoria Randonneur 28's, & seriously thinking of leaving them on for good. Have proved to be absolutely bombproof in some horrendous conditions this winter (including riding off road in gravel / mud etc) despite being given some less than stellar reviews on line. With the state of some of the Counties roads I may as well keep them on, despite having a brand new pair of summer tyres sitting at home waiting to be put on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just binned a brilliant tyre. A year ago I was advised to replace it because of squaring, but I held on. At this weeks service I was more forcefully advised to replace it. Basically, a couple of spots where the outer layer was gone, loads of cuts and embedded stones and no sign of the dimples to indicate wear.

I might now leapfrog 28s to 30s. I understand a pro team are running them all season this year.
30's....

... do you intend on riding over and crushing Mini Metros?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This place is full of dinosaurs.

Or folks that don't need a new trend selling to them every season :thumbsup:

I'm still on rim brakes on both bikes and mainly 23's, although I'm happy to go to 25's where they fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here