Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey 10, that's bonkers. I've been contemplating buying two sets to make super 'guards deep down I know it'll be a mess.
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], your lad is destined for greatness but banning him from next Tuesday is risky. Will you leave me your bikes in your will please?

Do you want all 4? you can have his too :lol:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
No sign of any Haribo, the thought of ordering something and not getting Haribo fills me with dread.
I'm easily bought!

Excuse me, but I've got to 'vent'.

Jnr doesn't, and never has been able to, function as his birthday (on Sunday) nears, the best description I have for it is his head goes onto a spin cycle.

Like a fool I allowed him to stay up and watch the game last night (we would have gone were it not for Lil Miss Stat) and today he uncharacteristically plays up at school.

All he had to do was have a normal day, instead he was low level disruptive in one lesson, costing a very rare 1 hour detention, which in turn he has now acted himself out of going to the palace game.

He was really vague about.the detention, it turns out he doesn't know if the conviction will stand up in court because he has reported his teacher to Student Welfare.

WTF!!!

He said that and I just stood there in disbelief, I was genuinely unable to speak.

I picked it up again with him later and his attitude was so appalling I've now written to the school, telling them they'd better not back down and ought to actually increase the punishment.

Reporting your teacher to student welfare, just how feckin precious is my little shitebag?

Sorry about that, sadly I don't think the rant is over, I'm bloody livid.

How’s the saying go, like father like son. :whistle:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Must be due a front light tale of woe from me.

Decided to go for torch and mounting options. Ordered a double set, so as to extend the possible time out. The rechargeable batteries had to be delivered separately. 4 weeks ago, it all arrived save for the batteries. The mounts are no good as not big enough to go round the bar. In short, I have two useless torches that I cannot attach to my bike.

There is some good news although it might make [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] a bit pissy-knickered. I had been contemplating a new coffee machine and last night I saw an absolute bargain on amazon. So before I go out I'll be able to get a few easy espressos down to head off any patheticness.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Decided to go for torch and mounting options. Ordered a double set, so as to extend the possible time out. The rechargeable batteries had to be delivered separately. 4 weeks ago, it all arrived save for the batteries. The mounts are no good as not big enough to go round the bar. In short, I have two useless torches that I cannot attach to my bike.

There is some good news although it might make [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] a bit pissy-knickered. I had been contemplating a new coffee machine and last night I saw an absolute bargain on amazon. So before I go out I'll be able to get a few easy espressos down to head off any patheticness.

They’ll come in handy if you ever go camping. :cool:

No sign of any Haribo, the thought of ordering something and not getting Haribo fills me with dread.
I'm easily bought!

Excuse me, but I've got to 'vent'.

Jnr doesn't, and never has been able to, function as his birthday (on Sunday) nears, the best description I have for it is his head goes onto a spin cycle.

Like a fool I allowed him to stay up and watch the game last night (we would have gone were it not for Lil Miss Stat) and today he uncharacteristically plays up at school.

All he had to do was have a normal day, instead he was low level disruptive in one lesson, costing a very rare 1 hour detention, which in turn he has now acted himself out of going to the palace game.

He was really vague about.the detention, it turns out he doesn't know if the conviction will stand up in court because he has reported his teacher to Student Welfare.

WTF!!!

He said that and I just stood there in disbelief, I was genuinely unable to speak.

I picked it up again with him later and his attitude was so appalling I've now written to the school, telling them they'd better not back down and ought to actually increase the punishment.

Reporting your teacher to student welfare, just how feckin precious is my little shitebag?

Sorry about that, sadly I don't think the rant is over, I'm bloody livid.

Send him to my school, I'll deal with him...a day of watching Palarse win....well that may be difficult ult for this season, but......

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

I'm still a huge fan of Exposure (can't remember how many X's I'm meant to put in their name). I've still got one of their first gen lights. It's battery life is a bit short now, but does a week or two of winter commutes without any issues.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Proper brass monkeys this morning, but perfect for testing out full Winter kit. Really pleased to be pretty toasty all the way round without ever over heating.

I think that NSC cap from SB must be some kind of magic hat! Amazingly it's absolutely perfect in every weather condition going :rave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Happy birthday Jnr, now build that!

MBP.jpg

It's be jolly good fun having an assortment of Wiggle boxes and products laying around the house.
That's so normal it doesn't raise an eyebrow, and yet they've mainly been his present.

This lot is 'hidden' in the front room, it's ok though as he'll come downstairs open his card and wrapped present.
Who wouldn't be happy with new Jagwire inner brake AND gear cables for their birthday!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Happy birthday Jnr, now build that!

View attachment 91437

It's be jolly good fun having an assortment of Wiggle boxes and products laying around the house.
That's so normal it doesn't raise an eyebrow, and yet they've mainly been his present.

This lot is 'hidden' in the front room, it's ok though as he'll come downstairs open his card and wrapped present.
Who wouldn't be happy with new Jagwire inner brake AND gear cables for their birthday!

Happy Birthday Jnr Stat. Enjoy!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish I'd just given him the cables he seemed so happy with them! :lol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I have my frosty start kit sorted now. Thermal base, thinnest of long sleevers and my soft shell. Gets a bit sweaty, but I don't feel the cold. Any less and it might have been awkward this morning because I tanked it and struggled home. Enjoyed every second of it though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have my frosty start kit sorted now. Thermal base, thinnest of long sleevers and my soft shell. Gets a bit sweaty, but I don't feel the cold. Any less and it might have been awkward this morning because I tanked it and struggled home. Enjoyed every second of it though.

It's lovely to get the kit nailed before Winter proper kicks in isn't it. This weekend has been helpful, not only in knowing what works for Winter chill, but also in knowing what to keep in the jersey pocket for those days in between when you're not sure until you're out quite how much wind chill is in store.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

You are a disgrace to the human race [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I now have two rather awesome torches with a couple of mounts in transit. If I put them both on, I'll be competing with 747 landing gear.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Random question for here, but where do people stand on calf tattoos on cyclists? I'm tempted to get another tattoo and considering on my calf, but is it a bit obnoxious when on the bike?

For anyone interested, it's not cycling related. Would be a Buster Sword from FF VII slicing into my leg.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Im always a bit dubious about buying lids without trying them first...but couldnt pass up on this bargain this morning.

Carnac Croix road helmet - down from £40 to £10 on Planet X. Lovely.

Attachments

• HECACROIX_P8.jpg
    HECACROIX_P8.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 86

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For those missing Lampre

ef2018.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Tour de Yorkshire Route out today. Am moving to Ilkley in a couple of months time! Hoping this will start a cycling renaissance in me! Stage 2 goes past one of the houses we're looking at.

ilk.jpg

Attachments

• DQR6DkbVwAAyAEJ.jpg
    DQR6DkbVwAAyAEJ.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 70

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here