Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

What's weekend working again?

I keep forgetting to ask 10?

How are your 'new' wheels holding up to be punishment you're dishing out to them?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On a 'cheap' bike hunt with Jnr.
(he's settled on the Spech hardtail we saw at 9am, that's almost antique but seems bombproof)
Anyhoo the search took us to Cranks, god I've never felt so at home!!!.

I could have spent all day there, just rummaging around, talking bikes, and doing the odd fettle.
I realized it was time to go when I found Stat Club Jnrs sat on the wall across the road.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well I was in Cycles UK this morning and commented on the massive imbalance seeing comparatively naff all road bikes on the floor. The explanation being they are not buying much in whilst they wait for the industry to decide whether it is going to go disc brake or not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I was in Cycles UK this morning and commented on the massive imbalance seeing comparatively naff all road bikes on the floor. The explanation being they are not buying much in whilst they wait for the industry to decide whether it is going to go disc brake or not.

That's horseploppies, they just don't want to get stiffed with 'old' stock in 3 months time.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Disc brakes on a road bike. Noooooo!!!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I keep forgetting to ask 10?

How are your 'new' wheels holding up to be punishment you're dishing out to them?

They've had very little punishment to be honest. Very soon after buildi g up the Planet X bike, I bought a cheap set of Fulcrum wheels for the Winter. Only just swapped back over to the Hunts, but unless it's raining, then all rides at the mo are on the Summer best bike with the Zondas on.

All the Hunts see at the mo is the daily short commute. Still loving them though and they will get some long ride wet weather action soon I hope.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still doesn’t make it right.

The UCI has got to do something about when they can be used as the braking is different and running them alongside traditional brakes is just asking for trouble, again.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Still doesn’t make it right.

gentleman-dino-riding-a-bike-27226-1680x1050-300x235.jpg

That's you that is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not wildlife, today, and not for the first time, I was buzzed by a Spitfire.

Quite splendid.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm such a Doyle. Funk knows how long I've riding with a lowering saddle.

Anyway, I've made it up a hill twice on the bounce now that not so long ago had me thinking it was all over. Its coming back to me.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Sorry. I assumed it was news as it has just appeared on my timeline in the last hour from sky news. However after having a closer look I have noticed that the tweet is sponsored by Uber.
Perhaps this is a new tactic with advertising? More likely to share a news story than an advert. So inadvertently you end up sharing the ad.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who is in the wrong here?

As I often repeat ad infinitum wankers also ride bikes as well as other things. This is astonishing, and those responsible should and can be done by law.

I have never seen this kind of behaviour EVER when out on rides in Sussex. All our club rides we signal horse ahead, slow to a crawl and ensure no gear changing etc. and we gently chat or say hello so the horse can hear we're coming without getting spooked even going passed slow (which can happen if you bike is silent).

I bet each of those cyclists also drive a car like an utter prat as well. Hope they get named and shamed, and if they were competing in anyway, have their race licenses revoked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here