Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But chaps think of all the Strava top 10's you could be picking up.
Not to mention the others you'll get if you manage to take your Garmin off your bike before the ambulance arrives.

It's certainly is a different day compared Friday.
I definitely had the best of the weather this weekend, it was Summeresque 48 hours ago.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Think it shows just how brutal this race has been by the pace of the group chasing Roelandts. Very strong group and yet Paolini bridged to it, Thomas got back onto it after his crash and now Terpstra has got over to it. Considering the strength of that group, it's not working very well together either though.

Fantastic race to watch so far.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Fingers crossed that all will be well imminently without too much drama, [MENTION=16720]Indurain's Lungs[/MENTION]. Can't you 'cycle it off?'

Sounds like it's a bit windy in northern Europe. If it's any consolation, it's wonderful here in the Alps. Perfect snow, and barely a breeze. :)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So happy for Paolini, nice to see someone who put so much work in for others coming out victorious.

As for Etixx, they really need to take a long hard look at their tactics thus far this spring. They never looked like winning it despite having two riders up there at the end, and earlier five in the lead group. Complete shambles frankly.

Superb stuff from Thomas again, he has to be outright favourite for Flanders now. If there were any hills in the last 20km today, you feel he would have won.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So happy for Paolini, nice to see someone who put so much work in for others coming out victorious.

As for Etixx, they really need to take a long hard look at their tactics thus far this spring. They never looked like winning it despite having two riders up there at the end, and earlier five in the lead group. Complete shambles frankly.

Superb stuff from Thomas again, he has to be outright favourite for Flanders now. If there were any hills in the last 20km today, you feel he would have won.

Perfectly put P. Saves me the trouble as I agree with every single word you've said there.

Superb race to watch today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah @Pantini pretty much nails it.

The Steppers are a shocking 'team'.
They also prove just how much of a force of nature Cav is, as he can hold them together.

Brilliant ride from G.

But my Rider Of The Day has to be Jack Bauer.
Nothing can top a proper bike luzzing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah @Pantini pretty much nails it.

The Steppers are a shocking 'team'.
They also prove just how much of a force of nature Cav is, as he can hold them together.

Brilliant ride from G.

But my Rider Of The Day has to be Jack Bauer.
Nothing can top a proper bike luzzing.

That was funny, especially as it was his cock up taking his musette that caused his topple and no one else :lolol:

Mind you, little wonder his nerves were frayed in that race today. Absolutely brutal conditons! Only 39 finishers in the end :eek: Chapeau to each and every one of them :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was funny, especially as it was his cock up taking his musette that caused his topple and no one else :lolol:

Mind you, little wonder his nerves were frayed in that race today. Absolutely brutal conditons! Only 39 finishers in the end :eek: Chapeau to each and every one of them :bowdown:
It's not like he couldn't have got back on while everyone else was tucking into lunch!

The angles they were having to ride at were incredible.
You've got to worry about the sanity of riders prepared to put up with that for a pittance of prize money.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
It's not like he couldn't have got back on while everyone else was tucking into lunch!

The angles they were having to ride at were incredible.
You've got to worry about the sanity of riders prepared to put up with that for a pittance of prize money.
It's those Belgians, that kind of lunacy is in their DNA!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks gents for top advice, gonna have to save up!! Mrs wants to know why I didn't take up darts! !

Show her photos of darts players and cyclists. Put them up on the wall. Every time you need something new, refer her to the pictures.

She'll understand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Show her photos of darts players and cyclists. Put them up on the wall. Every time you need something new, refer her to the pictures.

She'll understand.
What if you happen to be a cyclist who looks more like a darts player?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, just natural. US postal would have been very unhappy with my ability to boost up to the 50% limit with epo!
and here come all the stories about it being natural.
'Oh it's my metabolism', 'it was the steak I ate last night', 'it must have been the vigorous rumpy-pumpy'.

"My haematocrit levels have absolutely nothing to do with the EPO sandwich I'm currently eating".

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
2016 World Track Championships in London on sale today to members of British Cycling. Log in, get your code and spend a week's wages.... apparently.

Everyone else has to wait til the weekend to not get Team Pursuit final tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here