Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This is a good day to have off. Been watching the track Worlds, now swapped over to Brabantse Pijl on Eurosport.

Reinvested my GVA winnings on Gilbert 5-2; Colbrelli 10-1 and Teuns 66-1. About to get poorer no doubt.

BOOM! Two in a row.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
BOOM! Two in a row.

Well played P :clap2:

I was half tempted by Colbrelli or Haas last night but ended up putting nothing on. I certainly wouldn't have touched Gilbert, at those odds, and because I was never sure if today would just be training for AGR on Sunday or not (appears it was).

Just finished watched back the race on player as live. Superb win for Colbrelli, massively deserved. Matthews and Sunweb might want to watch the race back and see if they can learn a thing or two about actually riding to win a race.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well played P :clap2:

I was half tempted by Colbrelli or Haas last night but ended up putting nothing on. I certainly wouldn't have touched Gilbert, at those odds, and because I was never sure if today would just be training for AGR on Sunday or not (appears it was).

Just finished watched back the race on player as live. Superb win for Colbrelli, massively deserved. Matthews and Sunweb might want to watch the race back and see if they can learn a thing or two about actually riding to win a race.

I really dislike Matthews now. He doesn't seem to turn up for anything, when you are Sunweb's classics rider you have to be riding Paris Roubaix, not swanning around picking up easy sprint wins in the Basque country. Especially as it left that team with Sinkeldam and de Backer as their main riders :facepalm:

This is probably the third time this season I have seen him ride in the bunch, do literally **** all, then sprint for minor places in a race he professes to be targeting. Expect more of the same at Amstel Gold; then he is not good enough for Fleche or LBL. Has his season been building up to Amstel Gold? If so that is tragic.

Best thing about Colbrelli was the way he was haranguing the rest of the break away, I really thought some of the others were just going to sit up and tell him to do one.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Expecting a large ish group sprint finish at Amstel Gold today. I have stuck with Colbrelli at 8-1. Also have Coquard at 12-1 and Swift at 66-1 e/w. Usual 10p bets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Expecting a large ish group sprint finish at Amstel Gold today. I have stuck with Colbrelli at 8-1. Also have Coquard at 12-1 and Swift at 66-1 e/w. Usual 10p bets.

Nuts, I wish I hadn't seen that.
I had no intention of throwing good money after bad but Brain Cock'ard is a decent shout.
He's been looking very strong recently.

Did anyone see BooHoo screw up in the week.
He had a 5 man train spearheading the peloton inside the final km, and still got convincing thrashed by Demare.

Oh how I laughed.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I've gone for the opposite of the bunch sprint as there's no good value in the sprinters. Colbrelli or Coquard would be where my money would be in that scenario though.

I'm willing on an exciting race because of the finish being moved so far from the last climb. A strong group to go early and split the race asunder on the Kruisberg and Eyserbosweg and not enough sprint teams to bring it back. I'm hoping Valgren (33/1) and McCarthy (50/1) are in that strong group. I'd be surprised if at least one of Gilbert,GVA, AVV or Kwia isn't in it though. I toyed with Gasparotto as the Bahrain two card trick with Colbrelli but not sure Gaspo has the form he had last year. Haas is another outsider possibility too but if I start betting on all possibilities I'll be bankrupt!

Having now doomed the race a bunch sprint it probably is :(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nuts, I wish I hadn't seen that.
I had no intention of throwing good money after bad but Brain Cock'ard is a decent shout.
He's been looking very strong recently.

Did anyone see BooHoo screw up in the week.
He had a 5 man train spearheading the peloton inside the final km, and still got convincing thrashed by Demare.

Oh how I laughed.

Any chasing for a bunch sprint will probably be left to poor old Brian's team to do all the work again no doubt, What a sorry state of affairs that will be. Mind you, Sky are in this race so they'll probably be happy to play go fetch for anyone and everyone.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gilbert big attack coming up on the Kruisberg. Looks like Kwia will be going with him too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Exciting race this now with the new parcours. Groups all over the road.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looks like the game is up for a bunch sprint. Just a shame I opted for McCarthy over Haas :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Now that was a cracking race!

But as I'm back to talking to myself again, I'll get my coat now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now that was a cracking race!

But as I'm back to talking to myself again, I'll get my coat now.
:lol:

Quality half-arsed effort for nothing from Cannondale-Drapac.

It's hard not to think Kwai was screwed all ways up.
If they ran that finish 10 times he'd still lose 9 of them.

The strongest man won.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
:lol:

Quality half-arsed effort for nothing from Cannondale-Drapac.

It's hard not to think Kwai was screwed all ways up.
If they ran that finish 10 times he'd still lose 9 of them.

The strongest man won.

Can't agree. Kwia has nailed enough of these kind of sprints before. Just see MSR for starters. He just went way way too early. Taking nothing away from Gilbert though, he is super strong still.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't agree. Kwia has nailed enough of these kind of sprints before. Just see MSR for starters. He just went way way too early. Taking nothing away from Gilbert though, he is super strong still.

Fair do's.

I felt Kwia was rockin and rollin from the moment he got the jump, and his constant looking behind was a sign of 'please don't chase'.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Nice to see the TDF has acknowledged that the Albion have beaten the chasing pack with their new merchandise for this years race! ;o)

Attachments

• tdf-190025b.jpg
    tdf-190025b.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 55

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here