Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not totally sure that i agree with you. Quintana rode one hell of a stage and simply blew the others away today for the win. Dan Martin was competing and threw all he had at it but simply could not touch the Colombian.

Froome looked like a busted flush today.

Blimey tough crowd I wish I could be the current holder of the Tour, Vuelta and Giro, drop 30 secs and be a busted flush.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not totally sure that i agree with you. Quintana rode one hell of a stage and simply blew the others away today for the win. Dan Martin was competing and threw all he had at it but simply could not touch the Colombian.

Got to agree with you there. When Quintana is on a day like that, he's untouchable, Martin gave a gutsy chase. Thomas looks a man transformed, can he hold it together on Friday.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

For me it wasn't an epic mountains stage in terms of GC competing on the final climb, and (probably like you?) I've seen an awful lot since 80's. Some amazing spectacles in the past of the race leader or thereabouts, before your own eyes breaking his GC competitors.

I do realise that no one can question the brilliance of these amazing athletes on this stage.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Blimey tough crowd I wish I could be the current holder of the Tour, Vuelta and Giro, drop 30 secs and be a busted flush.

fair point. Only meant it for this Tour, and i'm not certain of that either but don't think he can pull it off. I hope he gives it a shot though, would be fantastic viewing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Urgent advise needed tonight.

Jnr has 3 slightly loose spokes on his front wheel, it was making a twangy noise on Monday..

Will a 1/4 turns on each do more harm than good?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Urgent advise needed tonight.

Jnr has 3 slightly loose spokes on his front wheel, it was making a twangy noise on Monday..

Will a 1/4 turns on each do more harm than good?

You can set up a make shift truing using something as simple as 2 zip ties.

Mind you, it can also end up as Father Ted's car.

Just go steady, easier than you think.

853939d1386761250-easy-truing-tool-bootleg-ghetto-diy-poor-mans-true2.jpg

sm-stand-3.jpg

pencil.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can set up a make shift truing using something as simple as 2 zip ties.

Mind you, it can also end up as Father Ted's car.

Just go steady, easier than you thlnk]

Father Ted's car is the exact image I have in mind.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yesterday, if that wasp had stung me a mere 4cm further from the groin I would have bunny hopped a telegraph wire.

Today, as I tipped into the rat run home I did a 2 wheel drift through some gravel which made me say rude words very loudly. No idea how I saved it.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
For me it wasn't an epic mountains stage in terms of GC competing on the final climb, and (probably like you?) I've seen an awful lot since 80's. Some amazing spectacles in the past of the race leader or thereabouts, before your own eyes breaking his GC competitors.

I do realise that no one can question the brilliance of these amazing athletes on this stage.

Not epic? This will go down in history Quintana winning an amazing stage that the tour will no doubt return to again and again. G with a with a Roche like performance to set himself in a position to win the tour.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Slightly controversial view, but I don't think G has necessarily shown himself to be the strongest rider in the race so far (physically at least) and has benefited greatly from being Froome's team-mate. On several occasions this tour: in particular today and on the two stages he won, he has been able to just follow Dumoulin time-trialing up the mountain for a not inconsiderable amount of time, on each occasion because Dumoulin was either trying to distance or catch up to Froome.

Am not saying Dumoulin has necessarily looked stronger than G, but I don't think we've really been able to tell. Is amazing really that we're just 3 days from Paris and I think I can count on my hand the number of times G hasn't been following the wheel.

Not saying he doesn't deserve it, and teams are obviously a huge part of winning a grand tour but I do feel like the cards have fallen his way slightly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not epic? This will go down in history Quintana winning an amazing stage that the tour will no doubt return to again and again. G with a with a Roche like performance to set himself in a position to win the tour.

A Roche like performance? Do me a favour! :lolol:

Not sure whether it's just the hot weather getting me all titsy.
Nibs and Porte crashing out.
The usual Sky bollox, or just getting too into the World Cup instead. But I can't remember a TdF I've been more underwhelmed by, and dare I say it, less interested in.

It still wasn't a Roche performance though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Slightly controversial view, but I don't think G has necessarily shown himself to be the strongest rider in the race so far (physically at least) and has benefited greatly from being Froome's team-mate. On several occasions this tour: in particular today and on the two stages he won, he has been able to just follow Dumoulin time-trialing up the mountain for a not inconsiderable amount of time, on each occasion because Dumoulin was either trying to distance or catch up to Froome.

Am not saying Dumoulin has necessarily looked stronger than G, but I don't think we've really been able to tell. Is amazing really that we're just 3 days from Paris and I think I can count on my hand the number of times G hasn't been following the wheel.

Not saying he doesn't deserve it, and teams are obviously a huge part of winning a grand tour but I do feel like the cards have fallen his way slightly.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's all been pretty dull because Bardet and Quintana have been poor, and Nibs and Porte crashed out. Tom D and Froome doubling up too.

G wins by default. But then I suppose if he stays upright until Paris, then he probably deserves it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here