Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
REMF bike ride...I have spoken briefly to US. We will be chatting more the weekend after next - the plan is to rekindle this and get it on the agenda again. US will be driving the support vehicle (and my lack of cycling recently suggests that perhaps I should join him there!)

So yes, it will happen, in June as previously discussed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just coffee stopping after taking Jnr up Mill Hill for our first attempt.
It was tough to be sympathetic for his first Keo clipless fall at the top, after he showed be a clean pair heels all the way up.

#BadDad

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION], another perfect day here in The People's Republic of West Sussex.
Probably the best day, weather wise, all year.
Let us know when you are next coming back, so the rest of us...

...can go somewhere else. :kiss:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Hey [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION], another perfect day here in The People's Republic of West Sussex.
Probably the best day, weather wise, all year.
Let us know when you are next coming back, so the rest of us...

...can go somewhere else. :kiss:

I got ready to go for a ride this morning...and then changed my mind.

I went skiing instead.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hey SB!, you'd be proud of our ride today. Another century jobby that took us Ashdown Forest way again. Did we do Kidd's Hill though?, did we fvck! :lol: Not because it's so difficult, but because the route we had planned just happened to take us up Chuck Hatch Road instead, and Kidd's Hill is nothing special :thumbsup: Unfortunately I crawled up every single hill today, but hey ho, at least the weather was lovely.

Oh, and Moto. Over your way again with lots of the ride in Kent (spit).
Screenshot_2018-02-17-19-38-49.png

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
That was a ridiculously steep last few hundred metres on Saturday! Wonder if any of the tail-enders actually got off and walked over those cobbles...?!

Do any Geeks know much about Orro bikes? A mate at work is after a road bike, but doesn't want to go down the usual Trek / Giant / Specialized etc route...he wants something a bit different from the norm. Hes been looking at Merida & Cube, but I suggested Orro as its a local firm & they seem to have a decent growing reputation...but thats about all I know! Hes a super fit runner / MTB rider, and wants to start doing more Sportives etc this year, so the Orro Pyro sounds ideal as he has about £1k to spend.

Any advice?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was a ridiculously steep last few hundred metres on Saturday! Wonder if any of the tail-enders actually got off and walked over those cobbles...?!

Do any Geeks know much about Orro bikes? A mate at work is after a road bike, but doesn't want to go down the usual Trek / Giant / Specialized etc route...he wants something a bit different from the norm. Hes been looking at Merida & Cube, but I suggested Orro as its a local firm & they seem to have a decent growing reputation...but thats about all I know! Hes a super fit runner / MTB rider, and wants to start doing more Sportives etc this year, so the Orro Pyro sounds ideal as he has about £1k to spend.

Any advice?

Nope none from me, didn't Orro make as 'splash' with a really expensive bike containing gold leaf? or am I talking out my arse?

If your friend wants to step away from the norm, but not by much, how about Orbea

https://www.orbea.com/gb-en/bicycles/outlet/orca-m30

The company has an excellent history starting out in guns and rifle production.

I've put my freakin Garmin down without turning it off.
It keeps randomly beeping and I can't for the life of me find the bloody thing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Any advice?

I know nothing about Orro I'm afraid.

I've never seen anyone else I've ridden with on a Battaglin or a Verenti.

Both bikes are nothing fancy, both bought 2nd hand, and I've loved them both. My Verenti Rhigos 3 in particular has received quite a few positives comments about the look of the frame and the carbon lugs. No one seems to have heard of them, despite them just being Wiggle's own brand bike.

Could be worth a look if he insists on something a bit different. Just make sure that if he goes for a Battaglin that it doesn't have fishing tackle on it :thumbsup:

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003

Any advice?

Oh, oh, oh! Did you say Orro? I've had a few hours on mine today and a few more lined up tomorrow and Wednesday ( but then that'll be it for the week.)

Look back a few pages for a pic of my silver terra gravel.

My Orro arrived just before Xmas and we know each other well. I've a couple of niggles which shouldn't be there:
1) removing the rear wheel is a faff. The quick release lever fouls on the bolt holding the rear derailleur in place. The cure is to almost remove the quick release from the bike.
2) the entry points for the internal cabling on the downtube are set well back. Therefore you will get cable rub on the head tube. It irritates me that I gave to finish building the bike by putting frame protectors on.

Overall, it's everything I wanted as it's a quality bike and puts up with lots of abuse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit of a swings and roundabouts situation, for those that don't already know.
The lovely Wineham Lane is closed to all traffic, making either side of the bridge an even bigger pleasure to ride.
Sadly although there's a path through for cyclists it's a bit of a bomb-site.

I made it through unscathed, on my relatively new winter tyres but unfortunately Colin didn't on his well worn winter tyres, and got his second puncture of he ride.

If your on your winter hack, with mudguards and are confident with your tyres, don't be put off by the 'road closed' signs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here