Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm absolutely gutted for Simon Yates, very much reminds me of a few years back when Geraint Thomas was riding in the podium positions at le Tour and massively cracked in the last week (before crashing into a tree, I seem to remember...).

Is this Froome's greatest ever ride?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't see this coming at all, Froome potentially in Pink at the end...

Do you want to buy some magic beans?

It doesn't matter to CF whether he finishes second or last, he was always going to do something, although sure an 80km solo breakaway wasn't the top answer from out studio audience!!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do you want to buy some magic beans?

It doesn't matter to CF whether he finishes second or last, he was always going to do something, although sure an 80km solo breakaway wasn't the top answer from out studio audience!!!!

I haven't seen the moment he went yet...there must be some excellent memes from the other faces watching him go with 80km still to ride...

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I'm absolutely gutted for Simon Yates, very much reminds me of a few years back when Geraint Thomas was riding in the podium positions at le Tour and massively cracked in the last week (before crashing into a tree, I seem to remember...).

Is this Froome's greatest ever ride?

Me too - will Yates even make the time cut today?!

And yes, yes it is. Never been Froomes #1 fan, but my god that was something special today & I doff my cap to him. Massive respect for that ride.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I haven't seen the moment he went yet...there must be some excellent memes from the other faces watching him go with 80km still to ride...

Me neither, if he went on the flat after the first climb it would come as even less of a surprise as The Cycling Podcast chaps predicted it yesterday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This made me chuckle:-

[tweet]1000035321235550208[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
When I said the other day..."some long range craziness Froome"...I didn't quite expect THIS crazy! :ohmy::lolol:

This race is like one of those fireworks displays where just when you think you've seen their best effort, another one comes along that's even more amazing!

Have to take my hat off to Froome. Anything Bertie or Nibs can do, he can do better!

Really sad for Simon Yates to blow up like that. And absolutely gutted for young Ben O'Connor. :(

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just seen tommorow's stage 214 km and finishes with three big climbs at the end :eek:

stage-20-profile.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just seen tommorow's stage 214 km and finishes with three big climbs at the end :eek:
I guess we'll just have the Sky train ruining cycling by strangling the peloton with all it's money.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I guess we'll just have the Sky train ruining cycling by strangling the peloton with all it's money.

It's going to be interesting. The last time Froome went off on the Zolcolan he suffered the next day and I see Kiryienka didn't finish today, which is a big loss for Sky. Will they be able to strangle anyone?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here