Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There speaks someone who hasn’t remembered what they posted about-meteors not crashes.

If it's gonna happen it'll happen to G, bless him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If it's gonna happen it'll happen to G, bless him.

True, but then you have to have faith that Dave has a plan to stop it happening that no one else has, because they are too stupid to have thought of it or too lazy to implement it :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True, but then you have to have faith that Dave has a plan to stop it happening that no one else has, because they are too stupid to have thought of it or too lazy to implement it :thumbsup:

BMC have comparable budgets and they still ride like Cofidis.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm taking the 2/1 on G falling off whilst sipping champagne from the team car as my first bet of this tour.

:jester:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was thinking about the 'arm in arm' ride down the Champs while Tommy D wins the stage by 2 mins.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, but only Le Tour could get away with this level of televised lameness. Yesterday wax watching a single bloke on a bike go past then waiting 2 and a bit minutes for the next bloke to go by. Today is a leisurely sunday afternoon peddle round Paris. Almost makes F1 look thrilling. As always, the French scenery is the clear winner.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry, but only Le Tour could get away with this level of televised lameness. Yesterday wax watching a single bloke on a bike go past then waiting 2 and a bit minutes for the next bloke to go by. Today is a leisurely sunday afternoon peddle round Paris. Almost makes F1 look thrilling. As always, the French scenery is the clear winner.

There are quite a few married blokes in the race too. :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Never let a good fact get in the way of a spiteful bitch.

Comparable in that they're the only team, along with Katusha, that come anywhere close. Not comparable as in the same.

But you're right. I should stop the 'bitching' and celebrate this dominance. It makes for great entertainment. Well done Team Sky :thumbsup:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I decided to follow the Ride London instead, seeing as how there were some actual sprinters in it. Can't believe the two races ended within a minute of each other.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Pogue, as its G that’s won, are the French still anti Sky. I ask as I assume you’re out in French France atm??

I am indeed in French France. The French don't like Sky, at all, but begrudgingly find it difficult to dislike G. As would anyone.

The anti-Sky attitude was summed up very well in that article you posted earlier - it's a bit like anti Man U, Real Madrid etc. attitudes.

But everyone loves G.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I am indeed in French France. The French don't like Sky, at all, but begrudgingly find it difficult to dislike G. As would anyone.

The anti-Sky attitude was summed up very well in that article you posted earlier - it's a bit like anti Man U, Real Madrid etc. attitudes.

But everyone loves G

I reckon every cycling and sports fan probably does. Takes a very hard heart not to like G and be genuinely pleased for him here. Even the piss taking about him staying on his bike feels just like banter with a mate.

Superb scenes in that post race interview of his yesterday :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here