Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm bored of this one now, are you sure you want to keep him, Bold?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sunday's weather is getting downgraded almost by the minute, although it'll still be wet.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Clearly someone who doesn’t live around wisborough green, loxwood , ifold , Plaistow and many more where people were going to be stuck in there homes for around 6 hours , not including many old people that were having to b moved into care homes or family homes outside zone that rely on Home help , my own business of private hire was also effected getting to and from airports easily with people having booked there holidays year in advance . I could go on but you want to call me a troll well u carry on
Just an idea but why can’t u just go round the race track at goodwood ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never trust cyclists. I’m a runner. I wouldn’t call you a troll. Cyclists are too well mannered.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sunday's weather is getting downgraded almost by the minute, although it'll still be wet.

You say that, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if, come Sunday, the rain doesn't even arrive until evening.

Seen that time and time again with weather forecasts.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Says it all...

Attachments

• 20180922_110716.jpg
    20180922_110716.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 74

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] just looking at your route from Thursday.

I'm sure you already know but just in case it's passed you by.
We're big fans of the same route just one road over.

Through West Chiltington (we come at it from Stream Lane, Nutbourne) then north on Broadford Bridge Rd.

2 lefts then rights keeps on West Chiltington Lane towards Barns Green, (right at the post box) with the added bonus of no, I can almost say, literally no traffic.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Hey [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] just looking at your route from Thursday.

I'm sure you already know but just in case it's passed you by.
We're big fans of the same route just one road over.

Through West Chiltington (we come at it from Stream Lane, Nutbourne) then north on Broadford Bridge Rd.

2 lefts then rights keeps on West Chiltington Lane towards Barns Green, (right at the post box) with the added bonus of no, I can almost say, literally no traffic.

I missed my turn, and ended up riding through Horsham. Then had to ride home against the wind the whole way home. I was blooming knackered by the time I got home. I do like a magical mystery tour though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I missed my turn, and ended up riding through Horsham. Then had to ride home against the wind the whole way home. I was blooming knackered by the time I got home. I do like a magical mystery tour though.

Our route most definitely isn't the road for a headwind, but a tailwind and you can almost get to/from Horsham without pedaling.

I'm not allowed on the front for the right turn onto Valewood Lane, into Barns Green, as I always sail past it.

My Thursday ride I was seriously smugging the weather, as I hid from the wind, I didn't even know I had a local knowledge of high hedgerows.
Then happened to be protected from the rain as I headed towards then up East Dean.

Unfortunately as I reached the Grandstand at Goodwood, the heavens opened, proper stair-rods rain, no coat, just shorts & a jersey.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Congratulations to our latest centurion, [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION]. Chapeau.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know I'm going to regret asking, and will probably have to run it through google translate, but will we be getting a full match report from you Moto?
Hopefully along with 10 saying 'well I was waiting for Cob Lane, only to be told I'd just ridden up it'.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
will we be getting a full match report from you Moto?

Ha, as it would be rude not to, I came down to do that.

The forecast gave me a dry 7 hour window. I knew that was on if I paced myself.

All was well in the first couple of hours. PBs up some early hills confirmed I was in good shape.

I rather hoped the signage would be mildly decent down there as my notes were on reflection rather shite. A wrong turn worked in my favour though as it made me do almost exactly the extra miles I needed.

I've not been 100% for over a week and halfway in, I felt it and knew it was going to be a slog getting back. Soon after that cramps started, which was a shock as for ages now I've longer rides with no cramp.

In the middle of nowhere I felt some tapping on my helmet. Soon after arriving back on my manor, it got a bit worse. Within half an our it was pretty wet. The last couple of hours were pretty uncomfortable with a feeling of having dipped both feet into a bucket of water.

I would never have made 'your' climb. The hill I chose was one I can do in the middle ring, but no chance yesterday as I needed to uncramp.

Coincidentally, 90 came up within seconds of 6 hours. When I saw 95 on the clock, I knew it was in the bag and felt a bit emotional. At 99 I got paranoid of cars behind me because knowing my luck, some silly kunnt would knock me off. I allowed myself a 'yes' when I heard the beep.

I'd have been made up with 6 and a half hours, so 6 hours 47 is something I am happy with.

Couldn't get warm for ages afterwards. My first 50 was a piece of piss in comparison. I dug very deep yesterday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fantastic Moto, chapeau... again

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Cheers. Another small thing if you'll pardon the pun was the discovery back home that I only had one ball. No idea when that sought sanctuary elsewhere.

I know my moving time was 6:25, but I meant ride time. Another thing, 97% pedalling time = 3 miles free wheeling? Bollox. Not even 30 metres.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your weather report from the heart of VeloSouth country:-

Slightly overcast, breezy, no rain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here