Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Anyone know what happened to "13" bikes? Found this online the other day and wished I had seen it before I got my bike in 2016. Great value at the time.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...a-road-bike-2015-48-5-51-54-56-58-60cm-frames

I appreciate it was an exclusive to Halfords, which will have put a lot of riders off - but as far as Im aware it was a totally separate British company that was purely stocked by them. Cant seem to find out what became of them though....?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Back from holiday.

With me is the weight I lost since Easter with left leg shinsplints.

Off to get the bike back with new chain ring etcs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lol:'s

Just had a sheds clear out and have got off the phone to Cranks just to confirm they will take anything.

Probably tomorrow I will be going over to donate:-

5 'complete' bikes.
1 frame
2 tag-a-longs
&
A box of 'stuff'.

That's going to leave us only 6 bikes.

Mercy me how will I cope.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hahaha Cranks was great on Friday.

Jnr was inadvertently teasing the fella with 'box o'stuff' as he was rummaging through it while handing it over.
I had 2 just about ok bikes on the rack plus Jnrs old road bike which might have got £10-20 from Gumtree.

Cranks were very happy.

Then I opened the boot for the rest of it, and the fella let out a gleeful cry 'oh there even more'.

None of it had any monetary value, in fact the Fizik saddle in the box probably had more worth than everything else combined, and yet they couldn't have been happier with the donations.

Hopefully the lil'uns of Brighton will breath some life into the bikes and give them a new lease of life.

If the darker recesses of your shed/garage also have 'junk' bikes you don't know what to do with, you do now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I F*****G HATE INDEXING.

Why is it so flaming difficult, for me.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I F*****G HATE INDEXING.

Why is it so flaming difficult, for me.

Me too... riding a triple (it was my first road bike, I won't make that mistake again!), I am well used to fettling with the front derailleur. However indexing the rear derailleur is horrible, and I am rubbish at it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me too... riding a triple (it was my first road bike, I won't make that mistake again!), I am well used to fettling with the front derailleur. However indexing the rear derailleur is horrible, and I am rubbish at it!

Good point well made, I wasn't even indexing, just fettling the front derailleur.
It still took 2 hours for me to change a nearly ok front mech, into a pretty smooth one, via:-

Ok
Rough
Sweet Jesus what have I done now.
Unicycle

Then finally

Blimey how did I do that!.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was half listening at half time to another AITC initiative centred around cycling.

Shirley it's about time Barber-out sort us out and commissioned us to make a bespoke cycling jersey:-

Albion jersey.png

Albion Jersey 2.png

This took 2 minutes and it isn't even the design I wanted!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's mirror image

Albion Jersey 4.png

Albion Jersey 3.png

I now can't for the life of me remember the company who's design I'd like to steal.
I'm sure it begins with the letter S and one of their designs is the middle panel being vertical strips.

Naturally blue and white, but it would need another colour, perhaps occasional yellow pinstrips?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and here's another reason from this year's Volta a Portugal:-

david-de-la-fuente-de-verde-y-blanco-con-el-sporting-tavira-001.jpg

2017-18 Panini Sega - WCCF 2017-18 -194_F.jpg

Obviously I'm not suggesting the club set up a pro team.
But if it's going to actively promote cycling as much as it does, surely it makes sense to kit us out?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Having moved to Yorkshire some cycling observations:
- there are a lot more cyclists. A LOT.
- the roads are generally in better condition.
- I'm finding it easier than expected to get used to the scale of the hills
- perhaps most significantly, drivers and cyclists seem to get along fine. They give each other room, thank each other, give way to each other, and don't shout abuse at each other.
- Bikes are welcome, nay encouraged on packed rush hour trains too and from Leeds

I'm loving it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What about this effort Stat?
Gonna steal some bits off that!!

This is closer to the effect I was looking for.
A little bit 'barcodey' but is still in keeping with the Albion stripes without being an impossible to wear striped jersey.

Endura-Graphics-S-S-Jersey-Short-Sleeve-Jerseys-Pinstripe-SS18-E3147WH-5.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here