Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's certainly how you'll be cresting Harting Down!!
Down hill all the way, from there.

:lol:

A few weeks back I did a century ride with two club mates. I foolishly plotted a route that included Willingford Lane, Bo Peep, Firle Beacon, High & Over and Butts Brow. The rain came in early and we were all froze from about the 2/3 mark. When we finally got to Butts Brow I thought I was going to die! The only thing stopping me getting off was my mate next to me thinking the same thing but neither of us wanting to give in. The third rider is a nutter anyway and had plenty of time to reach the top and take photos of us as we reached the top.

Not that I want to put you off or anything Moto. You'll be fine in lesser Sussex I'm sure :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Always good to take some pennies off the bookies, chapeau 10.

I may have peaked too early here. First weekend of betting this season and for today I had Demare and Wellens, both at 7/1 :) Used the WH 'boost' feature on Demare as well.

Missed out on Wellens ew by a whisker, but two winners in one weekend will do for me :rave:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43294639

What we all saying about Wiggins then? It all seems very convenient to me. The biggest, most prepared, professional team in Cycling have so many lapses in process around some of the most important bits to clean up the source.

Also seems a lot of medication and use of TUE. But you don’t want it to be... right ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
One day there's the exhilaration of seeing Rudy finally come of age, then the next there's the crushing disappointment of seeing Omar Fraile on dom duties for Lulu now he's finally been snapped up by a 'big' team.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Great end to the Paris Nice yesterday...had a bit of everything! Have yet to catch up with yesterdays Tirreno action, but looked like an emotional day in Scarponis home town...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Great end to the Paris Nice yesterday...had a bit of everything! Have yet to catch up with yesterdays Tirreno action, but looked like an emotional day in Scarponis home town...

Absolute belter wasn't it! :clap:

It really did have a bit of everything!, like you say.

Particularly good to see De la Cruz, and especially Fraile back to their attacking best once they were freed up from dom duties.

Make sure to catch up with TA as well because that was good again yesterday too. It's been a brilliant week of racing, especially PN, and just whets the appetite even further for the classics coming up.

If March and April aren't the best months on the racing calendar then I don't know what is.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Absolute belter wasn't it! :clap:

It really did have a bit of everything!, like you say.

Particularly good to see De la Cruz, and especially Fraile back to their attacking best once they were freed up from dom duties.

Make sure to catch up with TA as well because that was good again yesterday too. It's been a brilliant week of racing, especially PN, and just whets the appetite even further for the classics coming up.

If March and April aren't the best months on the racing calendar then I don't know what is.

Totally agree - until a couple of seasons ago I really only watched the GT's...but find myself watching every race that ES broadcast these days. Really enjoy the TA (as a big Italophile) - so cant wait for the MSR coming up, and then the Giro.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Thanks FP! Fancy a trip out?

Would love to Pogue...it looks amazing out there. Unfortunately I find my own time increasingly taken up with the kids activities, so barely have time for any breaks, or riding, at the moment...except getting to and from work, with a quick spin at lunch!

I have always promised myself a cycling holiday somewhere though, so its on the "to do" list!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Being a considerate cyclist has it's downsides.

Twice today I had a lorry behind me as I approached a side road junction.
On both occasions with my left hand I first pointed down at the approaching 'extra' road space.
Then as I was about to cut into the junction I gestured with my right hand for the lorries to overtake.

Both maneuvers executed perfectly much to the gratitude of the drivers in question.

I know this because they both gave me a hearty horn blast as they overtook, scaring the sweet b'jesus out of me. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and geeks, I'm on the look out for a cheap pair of bib shorts for Jnr, if anyone sees any 'too good to be true' deals, let me know.

Ta muchly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ok chaps it's that time of year again ... Velogames Spring Classics opens with Milan - San Remo on Saturday. Team of 12 with transfers.
Have created NSC Geeks league at the request of 10 .. Please join or I will suffer alone :D
League no. 40649249

https://www.velogames.com/spring-classics/2018/

SB isn't too keen on reading the rules for a one race pick a team and let it run jobby, not sure how much attention he'll be wanting to divert to this one :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Im always going to champion Decathlon...never had a duff product from them in over a decade. They have black & blue kids bibs for £20. Would go perfectly with Jnrs bike SB :eek:)

I got a pair of Decathlon bib shorts for myself and they are very good, really nice fit. Unless you are doing a lot of 70mile+ riding, would say they cannot be beaten on value.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SB isn't too keen on reading the rules for a one race pick a team and let it run jobby, not sure how much attention he'll be wanting to divert to this one :lol:

Rulz is for losers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here