Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If you don't follow him, he'll be on the leaderboard. If you check out his analysis, you see a lowest reading for heart rate at about 100 less than I see on mine.

:mad:

Ahhh, gotcha.

I've never used a hear rate monitor, so didn't recognise the acronym. I'll have a look, see who you're talking about.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Could we see a National Champions jersey on the podium at the Tour this year folks?

I'm starting to believe you know.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm made up for Steve Cummings. I'm always disappointed when we don't get to see the national champs Jersey at le Tour. He has given us some wonderful stage victories over the last few years.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey 1066 I keep expecting to see the availability of those tyres in the link above to go down by one.

Come on, you know it makes sense.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I'm made up for Steve Cummings. I'm always disappointed when we don't get to see the national champs Jersey at le Tour. He has given us some wonderful stage victories over the last few years.

Was talking with my mate last night who is one of Steve-os best friends, & dietician / doctor, through SiS. Said he has been working tirelessly with him since his crash in April, and is over the moon with this weekends results. Apparently Steve is down to about 73kg which is his lightest racing weight ever, but he is still churning out the same huge power. Fingers crossed Team DD decide to include him in the Tour squad....hes always good for a stage win along the way.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Was talking with my mate last night who is one of Steve-os best friends, & dietitian / doctor, through SiS. Said he has been working tirelessly with him since his crash in April, and is over the moon with this weekends results. Apparently Steve is down to 73kg which is his lightest racing weight ever, but he is still churning out the same power. Fingers crossed Team DD decide to include him in the Tour squad....hes always good for a stage win along the way.
I really hope so. Thought he had an outstanding season last year... Dare we dream of him wearing yellow after the short time trail on stage one?

As you say, I just hope he is selected! He seemed to suggest that as long as he had respectable results at the national champs, Team Dimension Data would consider including him in their squad.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Seconded.

Felt for him being injured for the Giro. Came across as the shy and retiring type on Eurosport so fair play to him for giving the media stuff a go. It didn't look easy for him but very nice to hear his insights.

He's a rider it's impossible not to like really.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hey 1066 I keep expecting to see the availability of those tyres in the link above to go down by one.

Come on, you know it makes sense.

No rush for me SB. The Vredesteins are still doing a perfectly adequate job for now. Plus I have several other upgrades that are higher on my list of priorities than tyres at the mo.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I had a quick look at last weeks' NSC cyclists leaderboard on Strava, wrongly believing my 100.8 miles would be significant. My expectations were very off!

I only just about snuck into 13th, which shows the depth of the field. Also, I only climbed 4,972 feet! I'm certain that a year ago when I was last paying attention to the group this would have been competitive - not anymore! You've all raised the goalposts to an extraordinary level. Bravo.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
101 miles isn't so shoddy Ninja - chapeau! Its a hell of a lot more than many of us tbh...

I never get anywhere near the top half of the table, as Im just too busy to ride as much as I would like to. 99.7 miles was the maximum I've done I think, & reached the giddy heights of about 8th place....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had a quick look at last weeks' NSC cyclists leaderboard on Strava, wrongly believing my 100.8 miles would be significant. My expectations were very off!

I only just about snuck into 13th, which shows the depth of the field. Also, I only climbed 4,972 feet! I'm certain that a year ago when I was last paying attention to the group this would have been competitive - not anymore! You've all raised the goalposts to an extraordinary level. Bravo.

I guess the 49 miles I've just started this week with isn't going to cheer you up, either.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
101 miles isn't so shoddy Ninja - chapeau! Its a hell of a lot more than many of us tbh...

I never get anywhere near the top half of the table, as Im just too busy to ride as much as I would like to. 99.7 miles was the maximum I've done I think, & reached the giddy heights of about 8th place....

it's an impressive table, there's no shame wherever you are in there! So much depth to the group and incredible mileage.

I guess the 49 miles I've just started this week with isn't going to cheer you up, either.

Strong start to the week there, not exactly out of character! I may pile into a cycle to and from Wimbledon which would get me somewhere close to 110 miles - but it's easy to say it, much harder to get out there and do it!

Evening gents, I'm in the market for an upgrade, have up to £2.5k don't tell Mrs TO! Want a tcr advanced pro 1, but has anyone seen better bikes/deals out there? I know I may need to wait til the sales start but u know what it's like when that getting a new bike feeling sets in!!

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Evening gents, I'm in the market for an upgrade, have up to £2.5k don't tell Mrs TO! Want a tcr advanced pro 1, but has anyone seen better bikes/deals out there? I know I may need to wait til the sales start but u know what it's like when that getting a new bike feeling sets in!!

This is one of my fav games. Trying to help someone else spend their money. Then when they say there is no more space in the shed, I can probably find an extra shed online to suggest!

Annoyingly, for now I've nothing useful to add except agreeing you need to keep an eye on those sales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here