Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What are we saying for tomorrow then, breakaway or GC?

I'm going breakaway and showing faith in two of my team members with little e/w bets on Fraile & Atapuma.

If it goes GC then Chaves will want to strike while the irons hot I think on a finish that suits him. Aru might even be quite lively here too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's one caught and passed. :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So who's going to win from the break tomorrow then? Can't see any sprinter's teams controlling this one, unless the Steppers decide they'd rather try to win the hard way rather than by putting someone in the break.

I'll go for Fraile again I think, especially since he was quiet today.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So who's going to win from the break tomorrow then? Can't see any sprinter's teams controlling this one, unless the Steppers decide they'd rather try to win the hard way rather than by putting someone in the break.

I'll go for Fraile again I think, especially since he was quiet today.

Obviously not Thomas De Gendt, so I'll go for him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looks like I put the kiss of death on poor Fraile. Back at the docs car today and finished 23 mins down :(

Great to see our Scrabble friend back in the action though and taking a stage win :clap2: I thought we'd heard the last of him when he had to drop down to pro conti level when vacansoleil folded.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So what's wrong with the official thread then?

If I could find it I'd post on it.

I'd start one myself but it seems unless it's the TdF I'll be left talking to myself, again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A big day for team Stat, 2 of my unknowns, sorry I mean properly scouted riders, in the break.
1 now in the top 10 on GC, Froome still in red.

The only blot on the landscape is the legend that is Jonas Van Genechten (no me neither) DNF

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sad news about Cannondale-Drapac staring down the barrel of liquidation, for the 2018 season.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sad news about Cannondale-Drapac staring down the barrel of liquidation, for the 2018 season.

Whilst I'm sorry to see anyone have uncertainty over their livelihood, as a team I won't be particularly sad if they go. Them riding at the front as we speak to garner sympathy and sponsorship just about sums them up. Never there when it matters, boring and by and large tatically inept.

Euskatel going and Vacansoleil too were sad moments for me. I don't think I'll ever miss Canondale Drapac really.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Checking in with relevant sightings.

1. Fella late 50s in a WC jersey.

1 mile later.

2. Two fellas in their 20s topless and wearing short shorts.

Which is worse?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Checking in with relevant sightings.

1. Fella late 50s in a WC jersey.

1 mile later.

2. Two fellas in their 20s topless and wearing short shorts.

Which is worse?

You can't wear the rainbow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here