The Sergison12.5miles £15
£30 family with 2adults 2 children u 16
Shirts £2.99
Medal on completion
Still o not late to enter

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Enjoying my short ride / commute to work in the sun this morning along the coast road, & I passed at least a dozen other cyclists heading the other way. As is customary, I acknowledged each & every one with a nod of the head, & a cheery "Morning!"....Just one rider reciprocated, & even he sounded surprised he'd done it.

Is this the new norm? I've noticed more & more that riders dont do it these days. It always used to be that everyone gave that little nod, raised their hand, said hello etc....

Maybe Im just old school, but things arent what they used to be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always give and pretty much always receive a little nod or right fingers flick.

It wouldn't surprised me, in the slightest, if my less than excessive acknowledgement was missed by my fellow brother in spandex.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I always give and pretty much always receive a little nod or right fingers flick.

It wouldn't surprised me, in the slightest, if my less than excessive acknowledgement was missed by my fellow brother in spandex.

I generally pull a no hands wheelie, double thumbs up and make sure I smile in the direction of the sun so I get a twinkle off the front teeth. Is this excessive?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I generally pull a no hands wheelie, double thumbs up and make sure I smile in the direction of the sun so I get a twinkle off the front teeth. Is this excessive?

Sadly when he was starting out, that's pretty much what my mate Colin would do, as I was teaching him all he now knows!!

Even to mountain bikers. :nono:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Stunning scenery in todays Catalunya stage - ashamed to say Ive never watched this race before, but theres been some great racing the last few days so pretty glad Ive made the effort to tune in this year.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Stunning scenery in todays Catalunya stage - ashamed to say Ive never watched this race before, but theres been some great racing the last few days so pretty glad Ive made the effort to tune in this year.

I watched Dwars Door Vlaanderen yesterday. Brilliant race with the Steppers pulling off the perfect one two on poor Durbridge. Lampaert's post race interview is worth a watch if you can find it. It was a sheer joy to see a young rider so over the moon with the win.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Totally agree - great race! I dont normally have time to sit and watch the early season races, but getting as much in as I can at the moment. Looking forward to this weekend too, should be a cracker!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Totally agree - great race! I dont normally have time to sit and watch the early season races, but getting as much in as I can at the moment. Looking forward to this weekend too, should be a cracker!

Don't forget it's E3 tomorrow as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I watched Dwars Door Vlaanderen yesterday. Brilliant race with the Steppers pulling off the perfect one two on poor Durbridge. Lampaert's post race interview is worth a watch if you can find it. It was a sheer joy to see a young rider so over the moon with the win.
The way my man Stybar and Trentin rode up to the second group was fantastic, esp on the back of Boonen stretching out the field.

A fantastic team effort.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The way my man Stybar and Trentin rode up to the second group was fantastic, esp on the back of Boonen stretching out the field.

A fantastic team effort.

T'was Terpstra not Trentin that bridged with Stybar.

I think these two have the best hope of beating Sagan or GVA tomorrow if they can do another one two move.

Mind you, Stan is riding so maybe the Steppers will need more than two riders at the business end, and still risk losing :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T'was Terpstra not Trentin that bridged with Stybar.

I think these two have the best hope of beating Sagan or GVA tomorrow if they can do another one two move.

Mind you, Stan is riding so maybe the Steppers will need more than two riders at the business end, and still risk losing :lol:
Stybar has got to be looking at Roubaix as unfinished business.
As much as he won't soft pedal between now an then, I can't see him giving E3 and the others both barrels, unless the race lands in his lap.

(You now know what to do 10/1 - fill your boots :lol: )

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Stybar has got to be looking at Roubaix as unfinished business.
As much as he won't soft pedal between now an then, I can't see him giving E3 and the others both barrels, unless the race lands in his lap.

(You now know what to do 10/1 - fill your boots :lol: )

I already did @ 16/1, so in this case you're bound to be right :(

Also took Naesen (Oliver) at 25/1. He had a mechanical at DDV and was looking forlorn near the back at one point, but suddenly he finds himself in the lead chase group again. Packs a sprint and is looking strong at the mo.

One day I'll learn how to bet properly and lay odds on the big favourites, but meanwhile, I like looking for value, even if there's no value at all when I lose nearly all the time!

Btw, Luke Rowe was immense in Paris Nice working for Henao. I fancy him to finally have his breakthrough Classics season this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here