Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Fat bikes.

Saw a kid on one on my way home and had a bit of a chuckle. A 5 minute wonder if I ever saw one. It reminded me of a couple of fellas I saw a few weeks ago on fat bikes with matching outfits. They looked a bit daft.

Anyway, I've ordered one and am going to swap over my handlebars and gearing. I'll be well hip.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fat bikes.

Saw a kid on one on my way home and had a bit of a chuckle. A 5 minute wonder if I ever saw one. It reminded me of a couple of fellas I saw a few weeks ago on fat bikes with matching outfits. They looked a bit daft.

Anyway, I've ordered one and am going to swap over my handlebars and gearing. I'll be well hip.

At least you've already got the tyres. :kiss:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Top work 'clubber, finishing with a top 10 in the last event.

Our league managed a top 10 and joint last in the same event, chapeau. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr has the first Southdown Velo meeting at Goodwood this evening, expect some photos later.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that was fun.
A proper eye opener for jnr as we arrived into the pits and most of the other kids were on rollers, loosening up no handed.

He really enjoyed himself and was buzzing at the end despite the weather and riding with 'professionals'.

Goodwood 1 jpeg.jpg

Goodwood 2 jpeg.jpg

Goodwood 3 jpeg.jpg

Goodwood 4 jpeg.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As we're due another anti cycling thread, I'm just going to leave this here until it's needed:-

C002cO8XAAATlKy.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just a bit of fun for the summer months while we are all watching the GT's....

Sean rarely says "dangerman". He usually says..."He's a real danger one".

In fact, if you had a drink everytime Sean said, “real”, then you'd be pissed before the break of the day had even gone up the road.

They also missed out... "EYEtalians" :thumbsup:

I do love Sean Kelly though. Especially his long pauses, sucking in of air, followed by..."Well I'm not so sure about that”...after Kirby has uttered yet another piece of old bolloxs.

Top marks for the inclusion of “bonifications” though :clap:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sharing a hotel tonight with team Astana. If any of you cyclist chaps need any 'supplements' let me know, and I'll ask about.

image.jpeg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have to say, their huge plates of plain pasta and rice, didn't look too appetising at 8am this morning.

If someone is interested in a Tour de Romandie program, let me know. Going on the hotel room bin otherwise.

image.jpeg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good to see such innovation and decision making taking place in what must be a very costly exercise. If there are to be A27 improvements I hope there good cycle lanes added. It would go a long way to encourage more cycling commuting.

Oh god no.
The A27 needs to be a fantastic all signing and dancing superhighway, which is a pleasure to drive on.

The cycle lanes need to be great on the A259 and other such smaller roads.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Oh god no.
The A27 needs to be a fantastic all signing and dancing superhighway, which is a pleasure to drive on.

The cycle lanes need to be great on the A259 and other such smaller roads.

Bigger picture fella.

There's a distinction between 'us' and commuters. My commute takes me on roads I would not really 'weekend' on. I need my commute to be as much of a straight line as possible.

There is a decent cycle lane on the new A21 stretch from Tonbridge to Pembury but getting on and off it looks dodgy and I'm not sure there'a much demand for riding that route. Where I am getting from town to town in a straight line is pretty hairy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FANTASY GIRO

League Name: NSC Geeks
League Code: 11135129

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If Strava did shite weather PB`s , I might have bagged a few top 3`s on this mornings commute for wind and rain combos :lol: ...and I've ridden through some shite this Winter as well!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here