Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match-based ticket booking priority?

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Would it be possible (like some other clubs) to give priority for ticket sales based on specific matches previously attended? If so, I feel it would be good if you were able to give cup ticket priority (after season ticket holders) to those who have attended previous rounds of the competition. I for one, having been to the Gillingham and Sunderland league cup matches, was disappointed to miss out on following us through to the end of that cup run due to the massive queues for Liverpool tickets making it a bit of a lottery.

For the FA Cup, my suggestion would be:
* for the Wrexham replay, after season-ticket holders, priority then goes to those who attended the original draw (I was there on Saturday, but unfortunately would not expect to be able to go to the replay myself);
* if we get through play Newcastle, after season-ticket holders, priority then goes to those who attended the away fixture, followed by those who went to the home fixture, before then offering on the usual points basis and/or general sale.

Anyone else feel this would increase the fairness of sales of tickets for the lucrative ties? ...or perhaps give a sense of rewarding the more loyal fans?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Would it be possible (like some other clubs) to give priority for ticket sales based on specific matches previously attended? If so, I feel it would be good if you were able to give cup ticket priority (after season ticket holders) to those who have attended previous rounds of the competition. I for one, having been to the Gillingham and Sunderland league cup matches, was disappointed to miss out on following us through to the end of that cup run due to the massive queues for Liverpool tickets making it a bit of a lottery.

For the FA Cup, my suggestion would be:
* for the Wrexham replay, after season-ticket holders, priority then goes to those who attended the original draw (I was there on Saturday, but unfortunately would not expect to be able to go to the replay myself);
* if we get through play Newcastle, after season-ticket holders, priority then goes to those who attended the away fixture, followed by those who went to the home fixture, before then offering on the usual points basis and/or general sale.

Anyone else feel this would increase the fairness of sales of tickets for the lucrative ties? ...or perhaps give a sense of rewarding the more loyal fans?

Take it you have not been round the country collecting loyalty points for this very situation then. So my trips to brum, coventry, watford, millwall, reading and leicester plus all the home games since leeds (as well as some before) should all count for nothing as you have been to one cup game. Yup, why not sounds very fair to me :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Having missed out on a season ticket: With limited resources (money and time) I am finding that the points requirements are going up quicker than I can earn them, which means MY points total very rarely helps me now, despite having been to several matches (10 now, I think, including the Spurs and England friendlies, but all home so far - I'm considering Palace away to break that duck). You make a good point about the away matches, though - I feel the away supporters should get some sort of reward, hence my suggestion that those making the replay should come before me if I've only been to the home game. Perhaps I'll take back my "before the points..." bit and leave my suggestion as being "before general sale to those with no points".

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Having missed out on a season ticket: With limited resources (money and time) I am finding that the points requirements are going up quicker than I can earn them, which means MY points total very rarely helps me now, despite having been to several matches (10 now, I think, including the Spurs and England friendlies, but all home so far - I'm considering Palace away to break that duck). You make a good point about the away matches, though - I feel the away supporters should get some sort of reward, hence my suggestion that those making the replay should come before me if I've only been to the home game. Perhaps I'll take back my "before the points..." bit and leave my suggestion as being "before general sale to those with no points".

Sorry to have mocked your suggestion a little. Yeh reckon your need 150+ for Newcastle. I too just missed out on a season ticket but i must have been to about 18 games (i have 220 points.) Your do well to get a palace ticket (unless your better connected than me!)
I am with you though it should be:-

Season tickets
General sale.

cant argue with that.

zola25

Sep 28, 2011
Ticket Sales – Several questions that are a mystery to me.
Why do 3 games go on sale at the same time ?
Why 5:30pm on a Friday night – when most people are on their way home from work ?
Why are there no WSU available on internet but there are if you ring up the following Monday?
Can you afford to take the chance on a Friday night that the game will not sell out over the w/e ?
Why is no loyalty required to attend Leicester or Ipswich – both Saturday games but you need loyalty to attend Millwall on a Tuesday night ?
At this stage of the season loyal fans should be given first chance of tickets for all games.
Why were no tickets on sale at the club on the day for the Wrexham game but you could swap WSL for WSU tickets – & get a refund on unused tickets.
Hopefully my 170 points will get me a ticket for the Newcastle game.
This season has been brilliant so far & generally the ticket office are fantastic & very accommodating, but you have to wonder sometimes about the logic.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
You only need to have a purchase history within the last three years to attend the Millwall game. This will be to stop Millwall fans getting tickets in the home end.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Sorry to have mocked your suggestion a little. Yeh reckon your need 150+ for Newcastle. I too just missed out on a season ticket but i must have been to about 18 games (i have 220 points.) Your do well to get a palace ticket (unless your better connected than me!)
I am with you though it should be:-

Season tickets
General sale.

cant argue with that.

Surely if you attended the previous round you would have points and be ahead of general sale anyway.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Surely if you attended the previous round you would have points and be ahead of general sale anyway.

Not always, there will only be one points total I am guessing 170ish. If you dont have it, you have to scrap for tickets in the general sale.My mates come every other game and are on about 100pts which i cant see being enough for first dibs on any big future fixture. Might be irrelvent by tuesday anyhow.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Not always, there will only be one points total I am guessing 170ish. If you dont have it, you have to scrap for tickets in the general sale.My mates come every other game and are on about 100pts which i cant see being enough for first dibs on any big future fixture. Might be irrelvent by tuesday anyhow.

That does seem a bit unfair.

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
Why is no loyalty required to attend Leicester or Ipswich – both Saturday games but you need loyalty to attend Millwall on a Tuesday night

This isn't a loyalty points issue, just of being registered and demonstrably an Albion fan, makes it harder for any Millwall fans who want to get a home end ticket (if the away end sells out/they fancy a bit of trouble). Doesnt apply to Leicester or Ipswich due to them not having the same reputation and greater distance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here