Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Albion Star.

Albion Star.

0 Not allowed!
    Lara will run on Friday 14th at Romford over 750m (8 bends) for Novice marathon runners open race, she had a trial at Romford today and ran the track well, the race is the last race on the card, 10.40pm. This is getting much nearer to the distance she needs.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Great stuff
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Its great news she's in this. (Although it would have been nice to see you at Crayford on Saturday instead). It's fantastic to go open racing at another track. It takes the excitement to another level. In football terms, it's an away leg in the Champions League.
      Good luck.

0 Not allowed!
      Thanks Biffer m8, when we started all this our wish was an away day in an open race.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      For what it's worth, this is what I think of the race.
      Young Tokyo will probably start favourite as to be honest it's a class act and knows Romford inside out.
      The Irish import Spot The Hawk seems to have a lot about him at first glance, and with only Lara to clear to the first bend he ought to get a great run around the outside. There will probably be money for Hawk I would think. Not sure if it's had a trial around Romford but it's Irish form is very impressive.
      These seem to be the two main players. Lara's trial today was only just good enough to get her any sort of graded race so she'll be a big price. I'd guess at least 20/1. Don't forget she's gone very very close at huge prices twice before though.....
      Please go there if you can. It's a great night out and the bookmakers take a proper bet and there's no Betfair in sight for them to lay it off. Last time I was there a few weeks ago I saw a grand go on the favourite and the price didn't move. Chas Miller would have a heart attack if he saw anything more than £50 !

Good luck fellas.

0 Not allowed!
      Biffer , Laras trial was with Ballymac Eugenie and it was the quickest trial of the day and only went 1 lap, lara got beat 16 lengths, but by the time they got to the pick up she was in front, also her trial time was a lot better than some that trialed, Eugenie has done a 24.10 round Romford, have any of the dogs in laras racerun this trip before?
      thanks for looking into the race form.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Cheers for the info Biffer. What is the dog from Nottingham like? seems a long way to take a dog if it doesnt have a chance. Hope your right about Lara bieng 20's but im expecting her to be more like 10's or 12's, just a gut feeling!

Gotta agree with Mark, this was the goal when we started the sydicate, an away track open race! Persoanally i cant wait for Friday. Come on Lara!!!!
      ALBION FLYER and ALBION STAR and ALBION LEGEND
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Gus, I think he's mainly coming down to keep Salacres Polizzi company who runs against Droopys Comedian earlier on the card.
      Just looked into T6 form further and he's run a couple of races in England which I didn't realise. Fortunately it's nowhere near what he produced in Ireland but he's still one to be wary of.

To answer another question, I think most, if not all of them have run over this trip at Romford before.

0 Not allowed!
      4.01 ?? did your mrs kick you outa bed?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Ha! No I had 'The Boy With The Arab Strap' going around my head meaning I couldn't sleep so I got up at 3.30.