Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poland/Ukraine Summer Holiday? Who's going?

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
With England now qualified for the 2012 Euros who's thinking about making the trip to Poland/Ukraine next summer?

Did France 98, Portugal 04 and Germany 06. I couldn't make South Africa last year and doubt I'll be able to do Brazil in 2014 so I'm very tempted to spend a few weeks at the Euros.

Did Germany by car which was great fun and would probably do the same this time.

Who else is considering it???

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I wouldn't plan on getting past the group stage. I can see it now, a scrappy win over a nobody, a draw against a half decent time and a loss, follwed by the plane home and the usual excuses. At least after this tournament we get rid of Fabio and John Terry, so that's a good sign.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I wouldn't plan on getting past the group stage. I can see it now, a scrappy win over a nobody, a draw against a half decent time and a loss, follwed by the plane home and the usual excuses. At least after this tournament we get rid of Fabio and John Terry, so that's a good sign.

Don't get me wrong. The football will be utter tripe and England will be average at best. The fun to be had in and around the host cities and 'fan parks', friendly banter with other fans, plus the road trip there and back are my main reasons for going. Never been to either country either, so at least I can tick them off the list!

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Given current form/attitude/commitment of the England Team I'll struggle to watch it on TV, let alone spend my hard earned cash travelling around the Eastern Block watching that tripe.

Agree the atmosphere/experience of these events is always better than the footballing outcome. I was in Amsterdam during Euro 2000 when Holland beat the Czech Republic in their Group opener, amazing scenes..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here