Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UFO last night?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Just had a phone call from my dad (who lives in Southwick), telling me about a very strange object in the sky - towards Brighton - around 11.30pm last night.

He went outside to put out some rubbish before going to bed and saw an odd light in the sky, travelling slowly towards the east. He watched it for a while until it remained stationary. He went and got some binoculars and could clearly see that it was quite large, spherical in shape and had beams of light inside it.

He described the surface as 'brain-like'. He fetched my mother and a next door neighbour and they watched it for about an hour, before it slowly disappeared into the sky as a fading point of light.

It was reported to the police who took the details. A while later, he looked out again and noticed several plane (or maybe helicopter) lights in the same area and wondered if they were searching for it.

Anyone else see it?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
8%20Lantern%20Festival%2010.jpg

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No, he knows about them and this was something else - besides, it remained stationary for an hour, not many lanterns are capable of that.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Jupiter, someone in the east called the lifeboat out thinking it was a flare.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i live in ardingly and i drove past the showground last saturday, they had these kite things up which were all lit up with flashing lights . looked brilliant . i suppose if you were pissed or on microdots youd think it could be a ufo . maybe it was one of these

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Jupiter, someone in the east called the lifeboat out thinking it was a flare.

I saw that headline, how can people be so stupid. Jupiter is v.bright at the mo, but a flare ?? Jeez.

I think if aliens came here and visited Southwick first, they'd soo turn around and go back whence they came.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Ah....so Jupiter moves across the sky in a few moments, then remains stationary for an hour before heading upwards until it disappears? Does it also appear to be large and have what appeared to be a 'brain-like' surface with light beams inside it - all seen clearly through a pair of average magnification binoculars?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There was a fierce ball of light high in the sky a few evenings back towards Worthing (viewed from Brighton) that held it's position for ages then vanished. I'm a bit thick when it comes to the night sky, but our guess was that it was the window of an aeroplane reflecting the sun sinking on the horizon. Certainly wasn't a Chinese lantern.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I saw that headline, how can people be so stupid. Jupiter is v.bright at the mo, but a flare ?? Jeez.

I think if aliens came here and visited Southwick first, they'd soo turn around and go back whence they came.

Your forgetting about the secret base under the Southwick Tunnel

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Ah....so Jupiter moves across the sky in a few moments, then remains stationary for an hour before heading upwards until it disappears? Does it also appear to be large and have what appeared to be a 'brain-like' surface with light beams inside it - all seen clearly through a pair of average magnification binoculars?

You're right - it MUST have been aliens.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You're right - it MUST have been aliens.

To be fair, he never said it was aliens. Technically, of course, if was "Unidentified", it was "flying" and presumably it was an "object", so by definition a UFO.

But, who phones the police because they've seen something they can't identify in the sky ? What a waste of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here