Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Improved and more Efficient System for Serving Refreshments

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
There is in no way I am going to criticise the club as I believe we have the most amazing stadium, team, manager and chairman in the country, but the queues for refreshments in the WSL lower are far too slow, and I believe this is the same problem in the other concourses. It maybe queues are getting shorter, but this is probably accounts for the fact fans are arriving later, and taking their refreshments elsewhere thus depriving the club of turnover.
The most efficient and exceptionally quick service for a huge audience I have encountered was at the Samberdrome in Rio on a visit to the Carnival with my wife. The crowd in the grandstands there is massive but service at the bars is in minutes and works on a different principle to our conventional queuing system. The refreshment area is in a U shape, and on entry you give your order and receive a confirmation slip. The order is then passed electronically to the pay point so as you are constantly on the move you when you arrive they are ready to lighten your wallet and give you a receipt, you then progress to the final point where your numbered purchase is ready for you to collect.
This system is unbelievably quick and efficient, and I was away from my place for about five minutes, so missed very little of the amazing processions.
It is obviously too late to change this season as the layout would have to be drastically changed, but a system like this could be installed experimentally for next season.
I am quite prepared if required to do a further fact finding mission to the next carnival to re-access the system, expenses paid by the club of course, but I don’t need to take the wife this time!!!!!

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
What takes the time is the member of staff flaffing with the til clearly not knowing what they're doing. Last two games I bought the same round but charged different amounts. Hopefully this will improve with time or further training?

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
What takes the time is the member of staff flaffing with the til clearly not knowing what they're doing. Last two games I bought the same round but charged different amounts. Hopefully this will improve with time or further training?

I think further training will be of little use, as with this type of job staff turnover will be extremely high and the quality of those employed will be variable. This is why this system I have suggested is so efficient as you only have to train someone to do the one job. Not as now, which involves, taking the order, deciding if it is in stock, telling you it is not when it is because it is too far to walk or under too much pressure, assembling the order, ringing it up correctly on the till and finally taking the money and giving change or reading your card. Too much inefficiency and wasted time in the current process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here